Bad
Good

Blake Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2006
I am so disappointed in this school. It seems they cant keep a principal, recess is an option, foregone by most.My daughter thus far is being taught things she has already long passed. Im very worried about the quality, or lack thereof, of this school. There isnt a playground or a flower to be seen. How can a parent be involved in the schools if they cant even get to them because they live to far and dont have transportation? And by the way the PTA is a joke. Though again that may be because parents cant get there to participate. I am even considering home schooling.

Blake Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2006
My daughter is in k-1 at blake. I have mixed feelings about this school. I love her teacher, Ms Heckel and can really see how much academic progress my daughter has made in her class this year. What I don't like is the administrative leadership and the lack of 'traditional' elementary elements with very little physical downtime such as recess and PE. They do not recite the pledge of allegiance. This bothers me as my 4 yr old attended pre-k at a school that does. She knows the pledge by heart but my kindergartner didn't even know what it means. My daughter did not have one musical or drama program which I feel helps with their artistic expression, no field trips, nothing outside of the classroom. Further, Blakes test scores rank much lower than other schools in our cluster. We are seeking a tansfer for the 2006-2007 yr.

Blake Elementary School
3801 Bonaventure Blvd, Louisville, KY  40219
Last modified Blake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blake Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top