Louisville, KY

Dunn Elementary School 3

Posted November 19, 2014
My children attends Dunn Elementary and at best I would say that this school is average. My husband and I chose Dunn for our children because of their high test scores. Little did we know that we were sending our children to a materialistic-brand obsessed school were you will not thrive or "fit in" unless you fit the bill. I have never had an issue with teachers or other students but I do see a lot of stepford wives in yoga pants driving overpriced vehicles while holding their Starbucks on their steering wheels for all to see and I worry that my children will find this greedy brand obsessed culture normal and/or acceptable. In other words, if you desire teaching your children humble living skills, this is not the facility for your family.

Dunn Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
The newer principal years (2012-present) has been less inclined to help or support our son with critical, obvious, and fundamental problems in the classroom with the teacher. We are not alone with our concerns and she dismissed them with out asking his she can help resolve or looking for any solution. We are very displeased with this year at Dunn as opposed to last year when we had phenomenal Kindergarden teachers. The Spanish teacher is not nice nor does she understand how to deal with kids that aren't picture perfect and this newer principal just announced she is retiring. It's been a rough year but my child has been completely turned off by this school :-( These are critical years and we do not know whether our son is coming or going in his class. I am sad that he feels he can't even talk during his lunch break or in the carpool line. Some of the older kids have also been bullies which is not tolerated in my opinion!

Posted February 03, 2014
I now have 2 girls at Dunn and I could not be happier with the school or more impressed with the teachers and support staff. My children are greeted every day with smiles from everyone they meet, each year they have had teachers that immediately understood their strengths and encouraged my girls to challenge themselves daily. Our teachers never teach to the "middle level" in each class, they help children individually as much as they can. I have always had concerns by teachers and administrators dealt with immediately, and get call backs the same day, even if it means the principle calls me at 7pm. As to the other review that pointed out a specific teacher. My child had that teacher as well and I cannot fathom anything like that in her class. My daughter felt picked on by students in her class and her teacher looked out for her on a daily basis and always made sure that all children felt at ease in the classroom. My girls are more than happy at Dunn.

Dunn Elementary School 3

Posted October 20, 2013
My daughter was a victim of bullying at Dunn and the sad thing is that her teacher, Mrs. Mowry, was the bully. She really shut my little girl down!

Posted November 15, 2011
My daughter is a 5th grader and has been at Dunn since Kindergarten. The children are given the Cognative Abilities Test in third grade for AP math placement in grades 4 and 5. Even though my daughter did not score at the requisite level the teachers knew she was capable of higher level work and allowed her to enter the AP program in 4th grade. We have been so happy with the curriculum and high level of academic challenge. This year in AP math they are already doing 7th grade work. Love the challenging and caring environment!

Dunn Elementary School 1

Posted October 27, 2011
There is way too much bullying happening at this school! We reported many incidents to the counselor, who promised to notify the parents of the offenders. We later found out that the parents were never told about the issues and the principal did nothing to help. I would never wish the same experience we had on anyone else!

Posted May 01, 2011
Although the PTA is quite a click to be reckoned with, the school as a whole, principal and teaching staff are THE BEST!! I love that all of the teachers know my son, or act like they do when they see him in the hall! It makes him feel good. He was there for 1st and 2nd grade and both of his teachers were fantastic with my son, one on one and in their class as a whole. JCPS has an awful enrollment/school assignment plan, but, if you're fortunate enough to get your son or daughter into Dunn, you will LOVE it!!

Posted May 31, 2010
Fantastic school, principal, pta, and teachers. Huge emphasis on high academic achievement. Teachers utilize different media and tools (smartboards, document cameras, computers, etc) to effectively teach their lessons. It is a very safe, secure environment. Respect and responsibility are practiced daily. The school offers many extracurricular opportunities and encourages community involvement. I am thrilled my children are getting such a terrific education from such a caring, dedicated principal and staff.

Posted May 27, 2009
This was our first year at Dunn, and we have been extremely happy. We have found the staff to be very helpful and personable. The PTA staff has been wonderful and very appreciative.

Dunn Elementary School 0

Posted May 08, 2009
Great teachers. It's amazing that they all know each kid by name. They actually care about the kids and what's going on in their lives. The office staff is also very nice people. The only bad thing I can say about the school is that they need a new Principal. She is very rude and snooty. If she leaves or transfers it would be the best school in the city.

Dunn Elementary School
2010 Rudy Ln, Louisville, KY  40207
Last modified Dunn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dunn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top