Posted October 16, 2014
Just had a teacher call. My daughter asked for tutoring for some additional help. Teacher's response? She couldn't possibly. She has 28 students in her class. Really? They don't send home textbooks here. So, good luck kid. Not impressed. My other daughter is very intelligent. Finishing her work in a few minutes and reading all day long. If you are a middle of the roader, welcome to Kammerer! Middle of the road is all they seem to cater to here!

Kammerer Middle School 5

Posted September 24, 2014
My daughter is a 6th grader this year & we've been so impressed! Kammerer is an outstanding school with a fully involved staff that truly cares about making this school the best. The parent involvement is huge & the extra curricular activities have an amazing group that leads them. We're so glad that Mr. Armour is back and committed to making Kammerer a top notch school!

Posted September 21, 2014
I graduated from this school 3 years ago. There were fights everywhere and the students had absolutely no respect for the teachers and staff. I learned basically nothing at this school. There were fights at least twice a week and I couldn't walk through the hallway without worrying someone was going to pick on me. This school is what made me have the problems I have with anxiety up to this day. Really hope it's gotten better since then...

Kammerer Middle School 4

Posted September 17, 2014
Open door policy with this administration is key. This school is going through a lot of change right now. If you don't understand some of the changes or why they are being made ask. Shoot a simple email or sit in on a PTSA meeting. I guarantee you will get your answer. Couldn't be happier about what is going on at Kammerer Middle School. GO CUBS!

Kammerer Middle School 4

Posted August 19, 2014
This school is definitely on the upswing. Since the start of the 2014-2015 school year began, starting with orientation, I have seen long awaited positive change. This school is under much needed new leadership and is transitioning into a school that will produce smart, respectful and ambitious students. I have been told by daughter that it's tough right now, talking in the halls is limited during the changing of classes and even the slightest questionable behavior is not tolerated. It's all for the greater good! This school needed an IRON FIST and it has finally arrived!! KUDOS!

Kammerer Middle School 3

Posted April 18, 2014
This school needs better communication with parents. There should be smaller class sizes,the teachers are trying to make lemonade out of lemons, but there seems to be a constant focus on test scores, I'm not sure that core principles/concepts are being understood. I hope that the new principal will make the necessary changes to help the students and the teachers.

Posted January 10, 2014
This school is by far one of the worst schools I have ever been involved with. Major issues that you will encounter: poor leadership, teachers who only want to teach the "well-behaved" student, BULLYING by students and STAFF, incompetent teachers, and out of control behavior. My child has dealt with all of these issues and nothing is done about this school. Some teachers not lack integrity and WILL NOT teach your child. There is much division with AP vs honors and comp...this includes whites and blacks. Your child will leave this school with low self esteem, lack of an education (if they're not well-behaved or have a mild learning disability), and hating thus school. Good luck if you choose this school.

Kammerer Middle School 5

Posted August 26, 2013
My son is in his second year in Kammerer and we can't be more please with the academics and the staff, they really work hard everyday to ensure that the children receive the best possible education and parent involvement is phenomenal. I'll recommend to every prospective parent in the school boundaries to consider this school before make a decision.

Kammerer Middle School 2

Posted August 18, 2013
My child was supposed to attend Kammerer, but I heard so many rumors about the difference between the children in the AP program vs "comprehensive" (standard) program. Although he did not test into the AP program, he was recommended by his elementary school as a sit in due to his GPA and teacher recommendation, but Kammerer's SBDM policy does not allow sit ins. We were given the option for the fairly new "honors" program that has not been established as successful. My other child is already a guinea pig for an experimental program by JCPS. I don't need another, thanks. His middle school counselor at a different JCPS school allowed him to be a sit-in for their AP program after a 2 min conversation. If you're a parent who fights for your child through the JCPS system, it appears as though you'll have your work cut out for you at this school. Glad we were able to go elsewhere.

Posted July 01, 2013
Kammerer Middle School almost ruined my daughters life. She had been bullied non stop for three years and nothing really was ever solved. She was not an angel but certainly did not deserve the treatment she received from the few students and most of all from the adults! In the end she snapped and has never been the same. Of course she was dealt with and the kids that pushed her to the edge were let off with no punishment! Think long and hard before sending your child to this school!

Kammerer Middle School
7315 Wesboro Rd, Louisville, KY  40222
Last modified Kammerer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kammerer Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top