Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Love this school!! I have an 8th grader & a 6th grader who are both thriving at KMS. There is such a great mixture of kids &the amount of activities they offer to students is incredible. There is something for everyone to participate in, & if there isn't, a new club can be created, like the ping pong club they added last year. The administration is dedicated to making out a safe environment that promotes learning & accountability. Can't say enough great things about KMS!!

My oldest two children are both at Kammerer right now, so I've been aware of this school for three years in a variety of ways. Faculty and staff have been attentive to meet each of my kids' (very different) needs. Multiple adults and overall programming encourage the best out of my kids every single day. Sports, music, art, intellect, character - there are countless opportunities for Kammerer students to get involved and find their way to what they like most; what they're best at. The teachers are extremely diligent. The principal cares deeply and is very candid at PTSA meetings and other parent discussions, but he has a no-nonsense policy that keeps the school safe and on track. I love Kammerer. I love the families we are around at various activities. I love the way clubs and activities are structured. It has been a real blessing for both of my middle schoolers - for my whole family. I can't say enough wonderful things about our Cub Pride!

My son is in 8th grade this year and has been at Kammerer since 6th grade. I wouldn't say that the school is bad exactly but there's nothing about this school that screams that your child needs to go here. My son is a straight A, AP student and is completely bored out of his mind because there's nothing and no one to challenge him or make things interesting. The school's biggest issue in my opinion is the severe lack in communication. As a student, my son has had nothing but problems (all 3 years that he's been there) in getting his teachers to help him, explain things or just be present. As a parent, I've had nothing but issues trying to contact teachers. I signed up for a parent/teacher conference and not one of the teachers showed up. Overall, this school is just a building for your children to come and be taught the basics. There's absolutely nothing special or redeeming about this school. I will not be sending my youngest to this school when the time comes for her to enter middle school.

This is my first year at Kammerer, I am an eighth grader coming from another school. I have never hated going to school so much, if your child is different in any way do not send them to this school, they will be bullied. The children at Kammerer are very smart and athletic, but they are also very cruel and mean. During the day, I have trouble just walking around the hallways, turning every corner and being a afraid of hearing someone say something about my appearance. I DO NOT recommend this school, it is both physically and emotionally exhausting.

My fifth year with students at this school. Of course, it is not perfect but it functions perfectly by the rules of the JCPS administration--which hands down poor, ineffective and inefficient solutions not just for KMS but for all JCPS middle schools. My children are learning to deal with diversity--social and economic--and learning that life is not fair regardless of what you do or don't do. The new principal is awesome. The district threw the prior principal under the bus by sending her to KMS. She, too, is a great principle..just not for a school like KMS where the district increases their enrollment overnight by over 100 UNDERperforming students without the resources in place to support their advancement. I'm giving the school 5 stars because 90% of the teachers are awesome! The other 10% just teach our children to deal with reality of life. Administration & staff are 100% awesome.

Just had a teacher call. My daughter asked for tutoring for some additional help. Teacher's response? She couldn't possibly. She has 28 students in her class. Really? They don't send home textbooks here. So, good luck kid. Not impressed. My other daughter is very intelligent. Finishing her work in a few minutes and reading all day long. If you are a middle of the roader, welcome to Kammerer! Middle of the road is all they seem to cater to here!

My daughter is a 6th grader this year & we've been so impressed! Kammerer is an outstanding school with a fully involved staff that truly cares about making this school the best. The parent involvement is huge & the extra curricular activities have an amazing group that leads them. We're so glad that Mr. Armour is back and committed to making Kammerer a top notch school!

I graduated from this school 3 years ago. There were fights everywhere and the students had absolutely no respect for the teachers and staff. I learned basically nothing at this school. There were fights at least twice a week and I couldn't walk through the hallway without worrying someone was going to pick on me. This school is what made me have the problems I have with anxiety up to this day. Really hope it's gotten better since then...

Open door policy with this administration is key. This school is going through a lot of change right now. If you don't understand some of the changes or why they are being made ask. Shoot a simple email or sit in on a PTSA meeting. I guarantee you will get your answer. Couldn't be happier about what is going on at Kammerer Middle School. GO CUBS!

This school is definitely on the upswing. Since the start of the 2014-2015 school year began, starting with orientation, I have seen long awaited positive change. This school is under much needed new leadership and is transitioning into a school that will produce smart, respectful and ambitious students. I have been told by daughter that it's tough right now, talking in the halls is limited during the changing of classes and even the slightest questionable behavior is not tolerated. It's all for the greater good! This school needed an IRON FIST and it has finally arrived!! KUDOS!

Last modified Kammerer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.