Bad
Good

This is my first year at Kammerer, I am an eighth grader coming from another school. I have never hated going to school so much, if your child is different in any way do not send them to this school, they will be bullied. The children at Kammerer are very smart and athletic, but they are also very cruel and mean. During the day, I have trouble just walking around the hallways, turning every corner and being a afraid of hearing someone say something about my appearance. I DO NOT recommend this school, it is both physically and emotionally exhausting.

My fifth year with students at this school. Of course, it is not perfect but it functions perfectly by the rules of the JCPS administration--which hands down poor, ineffective and inefficient solutions not just for KMS but for all JCPS middle schools. My children are learning to deal with diversity--social and economic--and learning that life is not fair regardless of what you do or don't do. The new principal is awesome. The district threw the prior principal under the bus by sending her to KMS. She, too, is a great principle..just not for a school like KMS where the district increases their enrollment overnight by over 100 UNDERperforming students without the resources in place to support their advancement. I'm giving the school 5 stars because 90% of the teachers are awesome! The other 10% just teach our children to deal with reality of life. Administration & staff are 100% awesome.

Just had a teacher call. My daughter asked for tutoring for some additional help. Teacher's response? She couldn't possibly. She has 28 students in her class. Really? They don't send home textbooks here. So, good luck kid. Not impressed. My other daughter is very intelligent. Finishing her work in a few minutes and reading all day long. If you are a middle of the roader, welcome to Kammerer! Middle of the road is all they seem to cater to here!

My daughter is a 6th grader this year & we've been so impressed! Kammerer is an outstanding school with a fully involved staff that truly cares about making this school the best. The parent involvement is huge & the extra curricular activities have an amazing group that leads them. We're so glad that Mr. Armour is back and committed to making Kammerer a top notch school!

I graduated from this school 3 years ago. There were fights everywhere and the students had absolutely no respect for the teachers and staff. I learned basically nothing at this school. There were fights at least twice a week and I couldn't walk through the hallway without worrying someone was going to pick on me. This school is what made me have the problems I have with anxiety up to this day. Really hope it's gotten better since then...

Open door policy with this administration is key. This school is going through a lot of change right now. If you don't understand some of the changes or why they are being made ask. Shoot a simple email or sit in on a PTSA meeting. I guarantee you will get your answer. Couldn't be happier about what is going on at Kammerer Middle School. GO CUBS!

This school is definitely on the upswing. Since the start of the 2014-2015 school year began, starting with orientation, I have seen long awaited positive change. This school is under much needed new leadership and is transitioning into a school that will produce smart, respectful and ambitious students. I have been told by daughter that it's tough right now, talking in the halls is limited during the changing of classes and even the slightest questionable behavior is not tolerated. It's all for the greater good! This school needed an IRON FIST and it has finally arrived!! KUDOS!

This school needs better communication with parents. There should be smaller class sizes,the teachers are trying to make lemonade out of lemons, but there seems to be a constant focus on test scores, I'm not sure that core principles/concepts are being understood. I hope that the new principal will make the necessary changes to help the students and the teachers.

This school is by far one of the worst schools I have ever been involved with. Major issues that you will encounter: poor leadership, teachers who only want to teach the "well-behaved" student, BULLYING by students and STAFF, incompetent teachers, and out of control behavior. My child has dealt with all of these issues and nothing is done about this school. Some teachers not lack integrity and WILL NOT teach your child. There is much division with AP vs honors and comp...this includes whites and blacks. Your child will leave this school with low self esteem, lack of an education (if they're not well-behaved or have a mild learning disability), and hating thus school. Good luck if you choose this school.

My son is in his second year in Kammerer and we can't be more please with the academics and the staff, they really work hard everyday to ensure that the children receive the best possible education and parent involvement is phenomenal. I'll recommend to every prospective parent in the school boundaries to consider this school before make a decision.

Last modified Kammerer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.