Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted January 29, 2016
I have 2 kids attending Carrithers and I must say I'm far from impressed. They yell and nit pick constantly at these kids. I've gone in to pick up my kids for appointments several times and have witnessed staff yelling or talking down to these kids. Middle school is a tough time for kids as they start to change and Carrithers isn't a place where kids feel welcomed. Heck I remember being able to go talk to my counselor when I had issues at school but counselors here, don't have time for the kids to come and talk to them. I talk to several of my kids friends who all have the same feelings about this school. It's horrible and these kids are no where near prepared or challenged at all. I feel bad for the ones going on to high-school next year as they won't have time management skills mastered due to never receiving homework or being allowed to bring text books home due to the fact they don't have enough for all the kids. My son's grades have suffered horribly since moving to Carrithers,and he's always been an honor roll student. I refuse to allow my son and my youngest 3 kids to attend this school. Stay far far away and avoid the headache you get when dealing with the staff. They don't listen to a word you say and they do no wrong.

Carrithers Middle School 2

Posted August 21, 2013
This School Is STRICT. Yes We Are Taught Very Well, & Are Respected By MOST of the teachers. But they Dont let us do anything, they treat Us as if were still in elementary school. We have to walk in a line on a blue piece on tape To every class, we dont get to sit where we at lunch, we have to sit with our class. We Wear Uniforms which is ok , but when we do get to dress out We Cant Wear What We want, you cant where skinny jeans, you only can wear 2 bracelets on your arm, were not allowed to wear a certain type of necklaces. I had an necklace that said barbie and they made me Take it Off. We cant Dye Our hair Any Color, A few students in our school would wear braids and get a little bit of color like light Brown & they will make you Take It Out. They Dont Treat All the students equal . As you can See 52% of The school is White , & about 8 out of 10 of the teachers are white too. And they Treat Most of the white Students Better. Overall carrithers Is a Good school But They Are Strict & dont treat Students Equally.

Posted March 12, 2013
My child is a special needsv child and this school's program for thesev type children is horrible. They nevevwent by what his IEP read. Infact it was totally disreguarded. Bullying was a continous problem. My child was not only tormented for his disability he was physically beaten by 2 regular education kids. Plus the school seemed not willing to help resolve the situation. Needless to say I pulled my son out of the school after 2 months. We are now home schooling where I know my child is safe and his needs are met.

Posted January 19, 2010
I went to Carrithers Middle School my 7th and 8th grade year. I'm not sure why people think its such a bad school. All of the staff and especially my teachers were very nice and cared about us. What is such the big deal? Its not a bad school, and this is coming from a former student there.

Carrithers Middle School

Posted December 02, 2009
I went to carrithers for my 8th grade year and I thought it was an awesome school I dont see why people are always saying how bad it is.

Posted July 03, 2009
i dont like the idea of people judging a school when they dont even know anything about the school i was going to carrithers im a freshman now but when i was there for three years i always felt safe the teachers were kind and helpful i could talk to mrs.hume when i realy need to nothing bad every happened at our school no one every bought a gun or anything like that they did bring candy but what student doesnt i feel that people need to get there facts right before you judge

Posted April 26, 2009
Im a student going to Carrithers Middle School, im currently in the 8th grade. The parents who write bad things about CMS, have no idea about how bad the school is; because they dont' even attend there. I think the school is really wonderful and safe. I don't think the teachers yell at the students for no reason! The teachers only yell at the student because of the disrespect they dish out. I also love the guidance counseling they have! I feel very comfortable talking to Ms. Hume or Mrs. Mohr, I look foward to going to school and seeing my friends and teachers! :)

Carrithers Middle School 2

Posted October 19, 2008
I am a 7th grade student who goes to this school. I feel that the teachers are great, but nothing gets resolved unless parents get envolved. Bullying is a huge problem in this school. Sometimes I dread school because of bullying in periods.

Carrithers Middle School 4

Posted September 15, 2008
I have a 7th grader this year at Carrithers. My son has been doing well and likes his school and teachers. I am an involved parent and have met and talked to all of his teachers. Ms. Gausepohl is a terrific principal who has turned this school around. She has a strong staff behind her and it is known that they can be strict, but they only are to teach our kids to show respect to others and to keep everyone safe. I have younger children and when the times comes they will proudly attend Carrithers also.

Posted July 06, 2008
As a parent I am extremely disappointed with CMS. Avoid this school like the plague! They don't even have enough school books for the children to take home. The library doesn't even have it's own room, it's in the middle of the hallway! Run far & fast!

Carrithers Middle School
4320 Billtown Rd, Louisville, KY  40299
Last modified Carrithers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carrithers Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top