PK, 6-8
Louisville, KY

Carrithers Middle School 2

Posted August 21, 2013
This School Is STRICT. Yes We Are Taught Very Well, & Are Respected By MOST of the teachers. But they Dont let us do anything, they treat Us as if were still in elementary school. We have to walk in a line on a blue piece on tape To every class, we dont get to sit where we at lunch, we have to sit with our class. We Wear Uniforms which is ok , but when we do get to dress out We Cant Wear What We want, you cant where skinny jeans, you only can wear 2 bracelets on your arm, were not allowed to wear a certain type of necklaces. I had an necklace that said barbie and they made me Take it Off. We cant Dye Our hair Any Color, A few students in our school would wear braids and get a little bit of color like light Brown & they will make you Take It Out. They Dont Treat All the students equal . As you can See 52% of The school is White , & about 8 out of 10 of the teachers are white too. And they Treat Most of the white Students Better. Overall carrithers Is a Good school But They Are Strict & dont treat Students Equally.

Posted March 12, 2013
My child is a special needsv child and this school's program for thesev type children is horrible. They nevevwent by what his IEP read. Infact it was totally disreguarded. Bullying was a continous problem. My child was not only tormented for his disability he was physically beaten by 2 regular education kids. Plus the school seemed not willing to help resolve the situation. Needless to say I pulled my son out of the school after 2 months. We are now home schooling where I know my child is safe and his needs are met.

Posted January 20, 2010

Posted January 19, 2010
I went to Carrithers Middle School my 7th and 8th grade year. I'm not sure why people think its such a bad school. All of the staff and especially my teachers were very nice and cared about us. What is such the big deal? Its not a bad school, and this is coming from a former student there.

Carrithers Middle School 0

Posted December 02, 2009
I went to carrithers for my 8th grade year and I thought it was an awesome school I dont see why people are always saying how bad it is.

Posted September 10, 2009

Posted August 10, 2009

Posted July 03, 2009
i dont like the idea of people judging a school when they dont even know anything about the school i was going to carrithers im a freshman now but when i was there for three years i always felt safe the teachers were kind and helpful i could talk to mrs.hume when i realy need to nothing bad every happened at our school no one every bought a gun or anything like that they did bring candy but what student doesnt i feel that people need to get there facts right before you judge

Posted April 26, 2009
Im a student going to Carrithers Middle School, im currently in the 8th grade. The parents who write bad things about CMS, have no idea about how bad the school is; because they dont' even attend there. I think the school is really wonderful and safe. I don't think the teachers yell at the students for no reason! The teachers only yell at the student because of the disrespect they dish out. I also love the guidance counseling they have! I feel very comfortable talking to Ms. Hume or Mrs. Mohr, I look foward to going to school and seeing my friends and teachers! :)

Carrithers Middle School 4

Posted March 26, 2009

Carrithers Middle School
4320 Billtown Rd, Louisville, KY  40299
Last modified Carrithers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carrithers Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top