Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Carrithers Middle School 2

Posted June 02, 2016
My daughter was at the school for two weeks. In that short time her confidence was crushed by her math teacher. She is an honor roll student and never had any problems in school. The administration did not care and would not let her switch classes, so we transferred to another school.

Posted June 01, 2016
This school isn't as bad as parents are making it out to be. I honestly don't think they're involved in the school enough to completely understand what's actually going on in the school. The school has changed a lot over the years. Spending the past two years here, teachers and staff have always made me feel comfortable and safe. The school has gotten a lot less strict this past year and next year I know they have some big changes coming up too. The counselors here are almost always available to talk and most teachers aswell. As all schools have their troubles, they all have their good things too that no one seems to ever focus on. Yes there's bullying in this school, but there's bullying in every school. Not only that, but this school has actually taken action for it with their Be Nice Be You Club which is an anti-bullying club, their Brave class which is a required motivation class all students go to every Wednesday, and their bullying tipline where students can report things going on within the school. This school also has an outstanding Choir, Band, and Orchestra aswell as lots of sports and clubs. Also, if you don't finish your work in class you have the opportunity to finish it during lunch for a few days which is nice. I hate seeing parents put on here that the teachers and staff yell alot because honestly, teachers only raise their voice at students when students are being disrespectful to them which is completely understandable. They constantly check up on things aswell and they even have a police officer who stays at the school during school hours and keeps everyone safe and secured. This school is absolutely amazing and there's no school like it. The teachers and staff here just make you feel so cared for and loved. I mean it's insane. I can't even begin to put into words how much this school has impacted my life and how much of a brighter future I will have because of it. You need to put your kid in this school because I don't think there's a better middle school in JCPS. That is saying alot and this is all coming from a student who actually goes here. I can tell you my time spent here has been unforgettable. I love this place so much and I really can't wait to see what new things they will have going on next year!! Please just trust me, this school is incredible.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 01, 2016
All teachers honestly just really care about their students and always try their best to motivate their students. They also offer help whenever it's needed which is really nice.

Posted May 24, 2016
This year was my son's first year at Carrithers. I am completely disappointed in the school and staff. My son was bullied, harassed, pranked, picked on, physically harassed and received ZERO help from the teachers. When he finally told me about what was going on and I brought it to the counselor and assistant principal's attention, it was ignored and I was told that because my son had not reported every incident they couldn't classify it as bullying. He had 2 pair of pants ruined by kids playing pranks on him using ink. The second time the principal just let him borrow a pair of pants. I was not called, and there was no reprocustion for it. He was also on a 504 plan. The teachers signed off on the actions to assist him. Not one teacher followed through with the plan. When I asked for him to be placed in an extra math class because he had failed every quiz and test I was told those spots were held for kids who were failing and because I check his homework every night and his homework grade and participation grades were high enough to bring his grade above failing, he was denied help. This is by far the worst school I have ever dealt with. Now my 5th grader has been assigned there for 6th grade. I'm trying everything I can to prevent him from going to this terrible school.

Posted January 29, 2016
I have 2 kids attending Carrithers and I must say I'm far from impressed. They yell and nit pick constantly at these kids. I've gone in to pick up my kids for appointments several times and have witnessed staff yelling or talking down to these kids. Middle school is a tough time for kids as they start to change and Carrithers isn't a place where kids feel welcomed. Heck I remember being able to go talk to my counselor when I had issues at school but counselors here, don't have time for the kids to come and talk to them. I talk to several of my kids friends who all have the same feelings about this school. It's horrible and these kids are no where near prepared or challenged at all. I feel bad for the ones going on to high-school next year as they won't have time management skills mastered due to never receiving homework or being allowed to bring text books home due to the fact they don't have enough for all the kids. My son's grades have suffered horribly since moving to Carrithers,and he's always been an honor roll student. I refuse to allow my son and my youngest 3 kids to attend this school. Stay far far away and avoid the headache you get when dealing with the staff. They don't listen to a word you say and they do no wrong.

Carrithers Middle School 2

Posted August 21, 2013
This School Is STRICT. Yes We Are Taught Very Well, & Are Respected By MOST of the teachers. But they Dont let us do anything, they treat Us as if were still in elementary school. We have to walk in a line on a blue piece on tape To every class, we dont get to sit where we at lunch, we have to sit with our class. We Wear Uniforms which is ok , but when we do get to dress out We Cant Wear What We want, you cant where skinny jeans, you only can wear 2 bracelets on your arm, were not allowed to wear a certain type of necklaces. I had an necklace that said barbie and they made me Take it Off. We cant Dye Our hair Any Color, A few students in our school would wear braids and get a little bit of color like light Brown & they will make you Take It Out. They Dont Treat All the students equal . As you can See 52% of The school is White , & about 8 out of 10 of the teachers are white too. And they Treat Most of the white Students Better. Overall carrithers Is a Good school But They Are Strict & dont treat Students Equally.

Posted March 12, 2013
My child is a special needsv child and this school's program for thesev type children is horrible. They nevevwent by what his IEP read. Infact it was totally disreguarded. Bullying was a continous problem. My child was not only tormented for his disability he was physically beaten by 2 regular education kids. Plus the school seemed not willing to help resolve the situation. Needless to say I pulled my son out of the school after 2 months. We are now home schooling where I know my child is safe and his needs are met.

Posted January 19, 2010
I went to Carrithers Middle School my 7th and 8th grade year. I'm not sure why people think its such a bad school. All of the staff and especially my teachers were very nice and cared about us. What is such the big deal? Its not a bad school, and this is coming from a former student there.

Posted December 02, 2009
I went to carrithers for my 8th grade year and I thought it was an awesome school I dont see why people are always saying how bad it is.

Posted July 03, 2009
i dont like the idea of people judging a school when they dont even know anything about the school i was going to carrithers im a freshman now but when i was there for three years i always felt safe the teachers were kind and helpful i could talk to mrs.hume when i realy need to nothing bad every happened at our school no one every bought a gun or anything like that they did bring candy but what student doesnt i feel that people need to get there facts right before you judge

4320 Billtown Rd, Louisville, KY  40299
Last modified Carrithers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.