9-12 & Ungraded
Louisville, KY
Students enrolled: 1,098

Central High School 3

Posted June 16, 2013
The programs are fantastic and when teachers aren't playing favoritism and remain unbiased with other students, they are just as well. Of course my main problem with CHS, speaking as a former student who graduated from a recent class, is some of the students that attend there. How they are handled can make or break the experience at Central and it broke mine. Sometimes I felt as if the teachers where truly oblivious to the atmosphere. If you truly saw what was brought in the classrooms - by which I do not mean soda, chips, or candy or media players, you would be shocked and frightened. When someone tells me that they have a student attending CHS, I truly feel like apologizing to them, but to each their own. I hope CHS improves in handling the student body because this is a school with history and has the opportunity to blossom into one of Louisville's best.

Central High School 4

Posted October 25, 2011
I realy think that Central is a great school because i have been hearing great things about it.. Like how it has more activities than other high school in JCPS..It is such an amazing school because of how it has all the things that you needed for college..

Posted February 03, 2011
Aside from the students that go there, the school as a genral has great programs and sets their students up for sucess. The teachers care the curicculum is one point making kids perorm to the best.

Posted August 23, 2010
i love central high school and the reason is its because of there medical programs :D

Central High School 4

Posted July 05, 2010
I'm a former student of Central High School (C/O '09) and I can say that Central is a school that is above average. If I could rate the programs, curriculum, teachers, alone it would get nothing but 5 solid stars from me because the opportunities that they offer to students are that superb. I'm so grateful to have received the opportunity to attend Central. However, the downfall of Central is the majority of it's students, who lack much discipline & home training. It's a shame because there are many students, including myself during my time there, who wanted to make the best of everything they had to offer, but at SEVERAL points, I even found myself in positions where I even considered transferring because of many of the students who went there. With lack of better words, many Central students are pretty ghetto.

Posted February 18, 2010
This is school is the best no doubt about it. I'm a sophomore at Central, and so far Central is the best high school. I pick the right school to go to.

Posted October 20, 2009
We love Central High School, because ther relationship between students and teacher is very good. Central is a maget school in the heart of Louisville, KY and the high school of the greatest boxer of all times Ali!!!

Posted September 11, 2009
This school is the best school in the country. I am astudent in the computer tech. magnet, and it is a really good way to pursue in a career that offers tons of high paying jobs! quit hatin!

Posted July 19, 2009
Central is not a bad school. Everyone say it is because its in the west end but its really not. The teachers are really involved and there are rarely any fights like peole say there is. During the 08-09 year, my year as a freshman.. There was only 2 fights and the teachers got there as soon as the fight started. Central is full of love. Central isnt a bad school at all. Its one of the best schools i've been to yet. If it wasnt for central, i wouldnt be on the track and path that im on now. You wont actually know how great central is until you go there. =) I love central to death. Plus central has programs that most of the schools in jefferson county dont have. It really prepares you for college and the staff really do have your intrest at heaart <33

Central High School 1

Posted May 19, 2009
This is a very bad school. There are anywhere from 50-70 students roaming the halls and going into classrooms they do not belong in during any given day. This amount increases as the end of the year approaches. Teachers cannot teach because students are constantly being non-attentive, getting up and walking out of class at random moments all throughout class, while students from other classes will burst through the classroom door from other classes talking very loudly (almost yelling) and giving high fives to the other students. They completely ignore teachers as if they do not exist and there is not anything much that the administration does about it besides giving out detentions. This is understandable since they are overwhelmed each day with just trying to keep a handle on dealing with all the out of control students each day. I teach there and I would never send my kids here.

1130 West Chestnut St, Louisville, KY  40203
Last modified Central High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top