Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 16, 2016
I saw a couple of staff that went beyond and above, but I also saw some really rude staff as well the lady inside the main office was RUDE! But the lady that is at the sign in desk who also works in the cafeteria is WONDERFUL, always a smile on her face.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 16, 2016
THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING Ms. Patrick - It was an honor to have Michael in your class, a better 4th grade teacher for him this year I couldn't of asked for. Ms.Kang - Laila enjoyed when you joined the class. Mrs. Duncan - YOU are the best, maybe because we got to know each other more. This schools needs more teachers like you, teachers that keep in constant contact with the parents, who is respectful,kind,understandable, compassionate, and many much more

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 16, 2016
They try, but they really should test kids and have a couple of high achievers class

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 16, 2016
Easy they hardly get anything, or maybe is that since it's not challenging my kids always finish in a 1,2,3 and I have to step in and give them extra myself

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 16, 2016
They try, I've seen that they try, but this falls on the parents that don't pay attention to their kids and don't follow up on their kids

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 16, 2016
THE SCHOOL NO! They were lucky to have at least 3 good teachers Ms. Patrick , Mrs. Duncan & Ms.Kang THANK YOU my kids would of crumble with out you

Wheatley Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2016
All I can say is, I AM GLAD !! My kids will go to a different school. I think aside from discipline this school also LACKS education. My children came from a different school in FL and starter Wheatly Elementary halfway the school year, and the whole time my children were at ABOVE GRADE LEVEL they were not challenged academically, and were learning below grade level. The children LACK discipline, my kids were bullied for being non-black, and for being geeks. The staff tries their best to resolve issues, but they don't resolve fast enough. MY CHILDREN ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO LEAVE...

Wheatley Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2012
I love this school. All three of my children attended here. They all got their basics for Wheatley. My son is headed to college this Fall. My daughter goes to Male High School. My Son goes to Dupont Manual. Learning starts at home, and is nurtured in a beautiful enviroment such as Wheatley. Teachers take pride in their students education there. The only thing I would change about this school is parent participation, stop standing on the sidelines.

Wheatley Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2009
This has got to be the worse school in the city.If my kids ever have to go there again. I will just pull them out and home school them.My kids went there for one year.And they are now a year behind.If they cant do better than what they do.They should just close the school.If they arent going to teach the kids.

Wheatley Elementary School 3

Posted September 18, 2006
My step-son attends Wheatley but not for long. The school is doing the best they can with what they have but the location is in what most people think of as the 'hood'. My child lives elsewhere and is bussed there. The faculty are also on the younger side, I assume because when they are able to transfer to another district they do. The school has a wonderful principal, we just aren't happy with the child safety guidelines. The children are aloud to leave the school before a parent picks them up - I just don't want my 4th grader walking 17th street alone.

1107 South 17th St, Louisville, KY  40210
Last modified Wheatley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.