Wheatley Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2012
I love this school. All three of my children attended here. They all got their basics for Wheatley. My son is headed to college this Fall. My daughter goes to Male High School. My Son goes to Dupont Manual. Learning starts at home, and is nurtured in a beautiful enviroment such as Wheatley. Teachers take pride in their students education there. The only thing I would change about this school is parent participation, stop standing on the sidelines.

Wheatley Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2009
This has got to be the worse school in the city.If my kids ever have to go there again. I will just pull them out and home school them.My kids went there for one year.And they are now a year behind.If they cant do better than what they do.They should just close the school.If they arent going to teach the kids.

Wheatley Elementary School 5

Posted February 25, 2009

Wheatley Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2008

Wheatley Elementary School 3

Posted September 18, 2006
My step-son attends Wheatley but not for long. The school is doing the best they can with what they have but the location is in what most people think of as the 'hood'. My child lives elsewhere and is bussed there. The faculty are also on the younger side, I assume because when they are able to transfer to another district they do. The school has a wonderful principal, we just aren't happy with the child safety guidelines. The children are aloud to leave the school before a parent picks them up - I just don't want my 4th grader walking 17th street alone.

Wheatley Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2005
My daughter went to this school for PK3 and PK4. They did not teach her how to read or do math or anything a child her age should know. Her second year teacher was cruel with words to I the parent and she refused to want to deal with my childs handicapt. The board told me that my child had to go to this school because it had the programs for her disability when in fact they had NO programs for any handicapt children and even snubbed me when I made it a point to bring the fact up that my daughter needed extra help and she was in the wrong classes. I had to actually go to the board of eduacation to complain until they moved my daughter to a BETTER school. This school in my opinion is the WORSE school to send any kid to.

Wheatley Elementary School
1107 South 17th St, Louisville, KY  40210
Last modified Wheatley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wheatley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.