Posted September 26, 2013
bloom elementary my son is in the second grade there. he loooves to go to school he reads at a fifth grade level. the teachers are great.

Posted March 24, 2012
This school is just great. Teachers are not only nice but very dedicated to these kids. The principal is open to suggestions and is very caring with the kids. I can say only positive things about Bloom Elementary School.

Posted April 26, 2011
I have been very pleased with this school - most all of the teachers are very talented and have a passion for teaching and truly care about their students. The principal knows every student and does a tremendous job of keeping everyone focused on what is best for the students - and balances all the demands of a public school. It has been my experience that she is available to parents when they have concerns. The class sizes range from 24 to 30 students. This is not a magnet school so there are a wide range of students with different abilities. Most parents are very involved in the school and there is a large group who volunteer to provide unique enrichment activities for the children both during school and after school. My children feel safe and happy at the school and feel as they are an important part of the school community.

Posted March 26, 2010
Overall, I am happy with Bloom. Most of the teachers are very nice, but I do wish they would differentiate more. Class sizes are too large (sometimes 35+). The principal's personality has changed over the last two years and many parents are not supportive of her. She does not support a lot of parent involvement and can even be hostile at times. I don't feel like she connects with the student population. Bloom is changing and not for the better. If it weren't for the teachers, my child wouldn't go to Bloom.

Posted December 17, 2009

Bloom Elementary School 0

Posted December 16, 2009
I agree, I wasn't happy with way bullying is handled either. Overall the 80 percent of the teachers are really nice. I was very disappointed by some of the members of the PTA who are very cliquish and snobbish and exclude members who may not be of the same economic background . It is very disturbing because the school is located in the heart of the Highlands , and well Highlands is known for its diversity! Right! I agree that one of the teacher in particular does not want to communicate when I ask her about my child's progress in school and is very standoffish. If I had to do it over I would choose an another school for my child.

Posted December 09, 2009
The Principle is excellent! The teacher quality is above average. The parents are highly involved.

Bloom Elementary School 2

Posted November 24, 2009
I am dissappointed at the level of teacher / principal response to bullying. Another serious concern is the lack of teacher response when my child was doing poorly. We had such a positive year last year that I fought tooth and nail to have my child remain there. I never dreamed that we would have so much trouble this year.

Posted December 15, 2008
Two yaers ago I was a Student at Bloom. I loved it. All the taechers are nice and almost every body gets along. All the teachers really care about you and want to keep you sdafe and to have a good education

Posted April 14, 2008

Bloom Elementary School
1627 Lucia Ave, Louisville, KY  40204
Last modified Bloom Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bloom Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top