Bad
Good

We love Byck! When choosing a kindergarten program for our daughter, we toured & researched many schools. We knew our child would do well wherever she went but we knew she would thrive at Byck due to the Waldorf Inspired & Talent Developement Magnet programs. At the end of her first week of kindergarten we were contacted by the school letting us know that they would like to move her up into a K1 split classroom, where more advanced kindergarteners are in the same class with 1st graders. We were thrilled to see that the teachers noticed within a week's time what we had been concerned about, that our child would be bored in a regular kindergarten classroom and that she may need to advance more rapidly than expected. We are now at the end of her first year and she has amazed us at every turn. Byck has been nothing but a positive experience for her. She is reading and testing in math & science 3 grade levels above her own & there is talk that she may skip the 1st grade entirely. This would never happen at a school where less attention is paid to a child's differences and where these differences are not celebrated as they are at Byck!

I have two children who attend Byck and I couldn't ask for a better school. My oldest child is very musically inclined, while my youngest child needs to be challenged academically and they both have had their needs met. All of the staff have bent over backwards to be accessible and helpful; I have even had teachers call me during lunch to address a concern I had. I would totally recommend Byck to any parent looking for a quality education for their child.

The Waldorf Program is wonderful and my daughter is learning so much! She wakes up on Saturday's disappointed that she's not going to school. Her teacher is wonderful and the school has many opportunities for parents to be involved in everyday activities. I love Byck, I couldn't ask for a better school for my daughter.

I love Byck!!! The faculity and staff has worked so well with my ADHD son to make his education life so much easier!

Byck has a very good magnet program: Waldorf-Inspired. My kid likes to go there, and they have site based decision making.

After conducting extensive research and tours of the schools available to us, we chose the Waldorf Inspired Magnet Program at Byck Elementary as our first choice. We were looking at Montessori programs and other magnet programs but the emphasis on the arts and the warm welcome we experienced while visiting Byck really won us over. Our son is in the Waldorf Kindergarten class this year and we are so pleased with his experience so far. He wants to be the first to school and is excited to tell us about his day. He sounds out letters and words while he is not in school and enjoys practicing his new math skills. Songs and poems set the structure of the day so the children always know what to expect. Artwork covers the walls, curtains hang in the windows, lamps with soft lighting are used along with natural light from the windows which all contribute to the comfortable feel of the school. The principal and staff are very enthusiastic about continuing to grow as a great school. The teachers smile in greeting in the hallway and have a quiet authority with their students. Byck also has a Talent Development Magnet program as well as a Gifted and Talented program for the older students. I enjoy volunteering at the school because I think it's a fun place to be.

This is an excellent school. My daughter loves the faculty and staff. My child has learned so much and has exceeded all of her required levels of learning.

My chidren are thriving at Byck-they are encouraged to excell both academically and creatively. They love their teachers and are excited to go to school every day!

Byck has done a wonderful job with making my more than shy 1st grader become comfortable and safe in his new learning environment. They go out of their way to get to know each child and his /her family. They call me on a regular basis just to check-in and see how he is doing and they correct behavioral issues the other children might be having so the others kids can actually learn (and they as well). The Waldorf magnet focuses on teaching the mind, body & heart so they really emphasize proper behavior, kindness, caring for/helping others as well as the great core content that is taught so well. The other magnet program they have is called a Talent-Development magnet, which is based on finding each individual child's strengths and learning styles and teaching them accordingly. Wonderful out of the box thinkers/teachers at this school!

This school is great for people looking to keep music & art alive in the schools today. They focus on teaching all the Kentucky core content to the best of the student's abilities, but have a strong emphasis on the arts. On my open house tour we walked into the music teachers class and he & the kids were listening to Bob Dylan. He said they were learning about folk music and translating lyrics. Not your average style of teaching. That's what I loved about it. It was also very clear that the students all loved their teachers!

Last modified Byck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.