Louisville, KY

Brandeis Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2014
The academics are outstanding. However, I was concerned, as well as other parents in my daughters class, about the declining self esteem that we witnessed in our children. I knew of some children who had to see counselors because of this. The school's discipline runs off a light system, like most schools. The children are not allowed to socialize with each other at all unless they are on the playground, which is limited to only the nice days outside. Every Friday they had a class party during lunch that only the "good" kids could attend and if a child received more than 2 yellow or red lights they were forced to eat BY THEMSELVES in the lunch room and forbidden to speak to anyone while eating lunch. This is absolutely absurd and needs to change. My poor five year old is a little hyper and she was stuck eating lunch by herself every Friday while her friends got to eat lunch in the classroom and watch a Disney movie. I worked very hard to get my child into this school and I'm not sure it's really worth it. I will be sending my daughter to another school for 1st grade.

Posted March 18, 2014
We have had a spectacular experience with Brandeis Elementary. Everything seems so well thought out to provide the most enrichment for our children. The other day I asked my Kindergartener how his day was and he was shocked that I even asked "Awesome, as always!". This is our fourth school due to moves and we are grateful every day. In the end the very best part has been the diversity in the students and the parent involvement. This is a very dedicated group of parents from all different backgrounds and together with the staff they have created a very special learning environment

Posted February 20, 2013
Brandeis Elementary is a great school full of Professionals that truly care about not only the students but Families as well!! They have a dedicated reputation of believing in our children and eager to see them succeed! The Principal is a strong positive leader and I love how the teachers challenge my daughter academically. It has honestly put her ahead!!! I feel a connection with everyone, from front office staff, security, teachers etc.. Every since my daughter has been a student at Brandeis I see her growth and development above her grade level!! There is so much positive energy in the school. I just would like for all of the staff at Brandeis Elementary School to know that you are APPRECIATED!!!

Posted September 20, 2012
I was a student at this school, graduating in 2009. I am now a freshman in high school and if i hadn't gone to Brandeis and received the wonderful, caring, personal education i received, i would not be who i am today. The staff at this school are exceptional! I believe that this school rivals a private school in education quality. I never saw any real behavior or bullying problems. Once again, this is the best elementary school in Jefferson County!

Posted January 24, 2012
I was a student and all I have to say is that this school is awesome! Its has a great staff and the teachers are all nice! All the lessons are hands on, and I have gotten top scores on the KCCT all the years I have been there. There are good extra-curricular programs like chess, fencing, quick recall, and problem solving. I love this school!!!!!

Posted January 31, 2010
I love this school! its standard of teaching is really good and my kindergarten daughter loves each and every day.

Posted January 11, 2010
Great principal leadership. Teachers for my son in 2nd and 3rd grade and for my daughter in kindergarden have all been excellent. Teachers consistently push children to perform at their highest potential. If child demonstrates that standard curriculum is not challenging enough, then teachers have the flexibility to provide additional material that will prove challenging. Kids learn in a safe, no nonsense, disciplined environment.

Posted August 10, 2009
Brandeis offers an exciting learning environment with highly motivated and effective teachers. The cultural and racial diversity of the student body is phenomenal! This school offers kids the daily experience of dealing with individuals of very diverse backgrounds which better prepares them for our increasingly global economy. The staff is so dedicated and innovative. I feel like my three kids are being truly prepared and have developed a love of learning that I think will last a lifetime. Signed, an obviously supremely satisfied parent.

Posted June 13, 2009

Posted September 20, 2008

Brandeis Elementary School
2817 West Kentucky, Louisville, KY  40211
Last modified Brandeis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brandeis Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top