Louisville, KY

Posted April 08, 2014
Foster Traditional Academy is an institute that focuses on education and giving youth leadership opportunities. Principal Gunn is a dynamic leader and he believes in our youth and cares about them. Foster is a great school because it cares about its community and really works towards involving parents in the neighborhood to be a part of their children learning and connecting with the teachers. I would recommend Foster to any parent who wants a place that strives to make sure that their children are successful!

Posted August 08, 2013
My sister has 7 children, all of which attend/attended this school. I have heard nothing but great things about Foster. I recently attended an event at Foster that was geared toward the preparation of the newly implemented KCCT and let me tell you, I couldn't have been more impressed! They have a new principal that had JUST started working there for the 2012-2013 school year & faculty, students, & parents love him! Just in that amount of time, he has made so many improvements within the school & he even knew & greeted every child by name! A staff member even told me that she now looks forward to coming to work! He had scheduled the event that I had attended to not only enlighten the parents on the KCCT and what it consisted of, but to implore the parents to GET INVOLVED & prepare their children for it. As a parent of students who attend Frayser Elementary, it was very discerning & upsetting to see that my children's school wasn't as involved as Foster. They offer so much for their students & it's very easy to tell that the staff actually care about each & every individual child! I even spoke to the principle about my children's school & he personally brought me the transfer forms!

Posted October 07, 2011
I am so happy that my son attends this school! He started there under the guidance of Ms. Murphy in Kindergarten and is now in first grade being taught by Ms. Reidling. He is so excited about school and these teachers communicate so well with myself and my husband concerning his progress and any needs. I have only had experience with these teachers and I am VERY pleased with both of them.

Posted April 19, 2010

Posted October 23, 2009
My daughter is a first grader in the traditional program. This is her first year at Foster. She loves it here. Her teacher Ms. Diers is wonderful. Her performance here has been outstanding. Im glad that we chose Foster. So far it has been an excellent school!

Posted May 08, 2009
Foster has the best teacher ever! My daughter had the privilege of being taught by Ms. Riedling last year in 1st grade. She started out reading Dr. Suess books and by the end of the school year was reading chapter books at a 3rd grade level. She now has a love for books that will continue for the rest of her life. Ms. Riedling gets each of her students to work up to their individual potential. Foster needs more teachers like her!!! Every school does!

Posted September 18, 2008
I think Foster is a wonderful school my son is in the second grade and I think he is doing wonderful with the staff that is working with him

Posted June 08, 2007
I am a fourth grader here now fifth. I have learned so much! I recently went to Kenwood for the first three weeks of school and i had so much homework i cried everynight. I have about 3 pages each day. I love it here and it is way better than Kenwood including teachers and princables!

Posted January 24, 2007
I love this school my son is in 1st grade and my daughter will be attending next year for pre-k. My mother is a teacher aid at this school and has worked there for over 5 years. The teachers and staff are wonderful. I would strongly recommend this school to everyone! My son has a great attitude about school and his grades and I know that is because of the teachers and staff. I am very involved in my children's education and participate in all activates for them. I wish all parents were able to that. I would like to give a special thanks to Ms. Nancy Grant and Ms. Lynn Reidling, these are the two best teachers in the world. Thank you for caring so much for your children.

Posted January 02, 2006
my son has been going here for 3 years. Never really had problems at the school untill this year he was being bullied to the point of not wanting to go to school anymore, when I brought this to Ms. Miller's attention, she took care of it immediatly and things are much better now for him. The bus ride is a different story though. Too long of a ride and no discipiline for the students who really need it. Jake has a wonderful teacher who I can't say enough nice things about and Mrs. Miller knows how to handle the kids pretty well. Overall its been a good experience for my son.

Foster Traditional Academy
1401 South 41st St, Louisville, KY  40211
Last modified Foster Traditional Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foster Traditional Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top