Bad
Good

My daughter has been going to Cochran for 2 years now and we love it. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that they don't have the resources for her to be in speech therapy. We moved to Louisville from Greenville which is a blue ribbon school. When I mentioned to Greenville Elementary that I was concerned about my daughters speech they had her evaluated and enrolled in speech therapy within 2 weeks. Unfortunately we had to move that same year and enrolled at Cochran. The evaluation process for speech therapy took so long that we didn't even get feedback before the school year was over. This year we had to restart the whole process all over again and it took 2 months for them to tell me she didn't qualify because compared to other children in their district her impediment was mild and they simply didn't have the resources to help her. This is however a reflection on jcps and not cochran elementary itself. So overall we love it here.

I love Cochran Elementary! I don't know why the rating is so low. I actually transferred my 4th grader here after subbing at the school, I was so impressed. They have small classes, the school is very clean and new looking with excellent resources. They have the latest technology and wonderful teachers and staff. I feel like there's an arts emphasis at this school with classes in : dance, theater, art, music. They even had a visiting dancer from Louisville Ballet! They are affiliated with U of L which benefits the school a lot. They get lots of extra help from student teachers. I can't say enough good things about this school.

My son started school this year and we had a rough start but Mrs Shephard and all of the other staff has turned this into a wonderful experience for my son. I can not say enough good things about his teacher, she has been a blessing to our son and his confidence in his acadimic ability. What a difference a year makes my son can read small books and write complete sentences with minor help. His math skill are off the chain. The staff seems to take a vested interest in my son, all smiles ands hugs when he sees them. We are moving across the bridge but if we was to stay closer my hubby and I would do whatever to keep my son at this school. I am sad that he can not remain in this learning enviroment the has been caring, patient, and kind to him and us.

I love this school. I like over 20 miles away and my husband and I take my child to school everyday. Ms. Cunningham the principal is excellent and the best teacher that I have ever encountered just retired from Cochran Ms. Walker. Without her both of my children would be struggling academically. As a result of her caring about my children and their education both of them are above grade level.

This school has the most respectful students, and extremely caring staff and teachers. The principal is extremely active in the engagement and learning experience of every students, ensuring that they are content and successful.

Last modified Cochran Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.