Iroquois High School

Public | 9-12 & ungraded | 7 students

Posted April 29, 2010

I am a parent and uncle of teens that attend and have graduated from Iroqouis High School. They have made so many change and improvement to the school and their education process. I am very proud of what they help my daughter become. She was educated and supported and encourged to be all that she can be. Iroqouis is a very culturally diverse school and the Principle Mr. Riddle has done an excellent job and continues to do so! His door is always open and he listen to students and parents.

Posted October 6, 2009

I'm a junior there, and I would rather be at school then at home. I love the school. I've met some of the most amazing kids there. Their like family <3 I never want to leave.

Posted May 18, 2009

I am a graduating senior and Iroquois helped me grow into an amazing young lady, and thanks to this school I know that I will be successful in anything I do because of what they have taught me.

Posted March 14, 2009

I am a freshmen at IHS. it is an amazing school. there freshmen academy helps when transitioning from middle to highschool.

Posted December 2, 2008

I personally attend Iroquoia and i think it is an awesome school. I'm a freshman there and i was scared to death to go because of some of the stuff people had said but Iroquois is nothing like what everyone said. It's not dirty, some people call it 'the dirty I' and its not bad kids that go there. they have amazing programs and the teachers main priority is making sure the students understand. i love this school.

Posted July 28, 2008

I heard horrible things about Iroquois from many people. And silly me believed all of the horrible things until I set foot inside of Iroquois. The funny thing about what all the things I heard and believed was that the people who were telling me things had never even set foot inside the school so what they heard and thought was true really wasn't. I thought the school would be dirty just like the nickname they gave the school,'Dirty I'. But the school has awards for being one of the c;eanest in Jefferson County,who would've thought? They told me the teachers don't care about the students and the kids don't learn anything. Well all of my teachers were there to support me when I did well and on my back when I slacked off. Yes there are bad apples of the bunch like always but you can't judge everyone by them!!

Posted May 15, 2008

I believe that Iroquois is a great School I went there for Freshmen and part of Soph. I have to say People there are much nicer then my current school. and Plus the Teachers there helps you when you are needed most!

Posted April 17, 2008

As a student of Iroquois high i can say how much i love this school. With the best girls basketball team in state and a highly devolped music program. A highly ranked chess team and rifle team. This is the best school in state. No matter what anyone says.

Posted March 27, 2008

As student I am pleased to say that I have attended Iroquois High School for three years and plan to attend Iroquois high until I graduate. Iroquois has a plethora of opportunities for students to get involved and succeed. I myself am involved in many activities and know that Iroquois is a wonderful and exciting school. Yes, much like other schools, Iroquois has its bad apples but they cannot be used to label all the other students attending this school, nor, can the failures of those students be used to describe the teaching staff. Each student at Iroquois has the oportunity, and is encouraged, to be a successful. There are many wonderful students and teachers at Iroquois and they are naturally over looked by pessimistic people who know nothing about Iroquois. Please attend the school before you judge it. Iroquois is getting better each day thanks to those who truly care.

Posted December 31, 2007

i love iroquois high school...i actually attend iroquois high...i'm in all honors classes, and the music program is awesome. i am also on the girls basketball team. iroquois has some great programs.

Posted April 30, 2007

both of my sons when to IHS, we didn't have any problems....they both were involved in after school activities (sports, newspaper, year book). the only problems that I saw was a low parent involvement...but the worse was the dress code is way too lax... I think that the students would be better prepared for learning if they were dressed 'neater'...

Posted September 9, 2003

Being a student at Iroquois High School, attending for the fourth year I can honestly say that Iroquois High School has turned out for the better. Our Principal really cares about us, and trys his best to interact with the students. He comes into my Advanced Placement classes, and asks us students at the top to be great role models for the underclassmen, our friends, and people on the outside. The teachers, as well as other staff are all great, and they have a passion for helping with the betterment of I.H.S despite of the negativity Iroquois has received, I believe our school is rising to the top!

Posted September 9, 2003

I think iroquois is a great school. I have 2 kids that attends there and 2 that have graduate from there and in college right now. At first I heard alot of bad thing about the school but I have found out for myself good thing about the school and I can say the new principal there is super. And the asst principal is great they r doing alot to improve the school so I rate the school good.

Posted September 9, 2003

I am the parent of a child that is a 2003 grad. from Iroquois and I think that it is a fine school. If not for the teachers help there my daughter would probably not be in college today. She is doing wonderful in college and I want to praise the teachers and principal for all they did to help my daughter achieve her goals in life. I think that parents should go to the school they want their child to go to and just spend some time in the halls and office. At Iroquois they make you feel wanted and not just wondering why you are there and what they have to do to help get you out the door. My daughter attended another High School in Louisville for her first 2 years and that school never made me or her feel the way Iroquois did. Thanks Iroquois.

Posted August 10, 2003

I am a student at Iroquois and i know all that has been said about the school, mostly bad comments but they are usually not true. I am in my last year there and i would'nt want to go anywhere else its a great school. Parents always go by what they have been told and when they hear that thier childs friend attends Iroquois they assume thats a bad kid and thats false. Most of they students there are great kids but the parents don't give Iroquios a chance to show them wrong. I feel that before you send your child to a school you should check the school out whether you hear bad or good things because you would be surprised at your discovery, most of the schools you see good are the ones that aren't at all.

Posted May 28, 2003

There seems to be a few teachers who 'carry' the involvement sector. The lack of parental involvement is reflected by the teens' character. It is incredibly sad. The overall good and aspiration that is implemented will not be enough to propel this school to a higher standard [in regards to test scores, athletic programs, etc]. I plan to organize a fundraiser for the betterment of future students although I will not allow my child to attend next year. This decision was made when I picked him up from school early due to sickness. He had been sitting upright in an uncomfortable chair for over an hour. There is not even a sickbed, room or nurse. That is unacceptable!

Language Mechanics

The state average for Language Mechanics was 51% in 2013.

327 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 36% in 2013.

294 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or distinguished

Beginning in the 2011-12 school year, and continuing in 2012-2013, Kentucky used the Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress (K-PREP) tests to assess students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and mathematics, 4 and 7 in science, 5 and 8 in social studies, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 11 in writing, and 4, 6, and 10 in language mechanics. The K-PREP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Kentucky.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 62% in 2013.

206 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Mechanics

Economically disadvantaged45%
Students with disabilities15%
English language learners20%

Math

The state average for Math was 46% in 2011.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 41% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 41% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 41% in 2011.

Scale: % proficient or distinguished

Until 2010-2011, Kentucky used the Kentucky Core Content Tests (KCCT) to assess students in grades 3 through 8 and 10 through 12 in reading, social studies, science, writing, and math. The Elementary School results displayed on GreatSchools profiles are for grades 3 through 5 combined for each subject. Middle School results are for grades 6 though 8 combined, and High School results are for grades 10 though 12 combined. The KCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Kentucky. Beginning in 2011-2012, Kentucky switched to the K-PREP and EOC exams.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 36% in 2013.

202 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 36% in 2013.

140 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 56% in 2013.

263 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 51% in 2013.

59 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or distinguished

Beginning in the 2011-12 school year, and continuing in 2012-2013, Kentucky administered the End-of-Course (EOC) assessments. EOCs are tests given to public high school students when they complete a course to assess their knowledge of important course concepts. They are similar to a final exam, except that they are created and scored by an outside testing company, ensuring that the tests are both rigorous and aligned with state and national college readiness standards.

Algebra II

Economically disadvantaged9%
Students with disabilitiesn/a
English language learners0%

Source: Kentucky Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Below average

Test score rating
Student growth rating
College readiness rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20141What's this?

State

Student growth rating 20142What's this?

State

Math growth at this school

Below Average

Reading growth at this school

Below Average

College readiness rating 20143What's this?

State

1 This rating is based on 2012-13 K-PREP and EOC results from the Kentucky Department of Education.

2 This rating is based 2012-13 median growth percentiles from the Kentucky Department of Education.

3 This rating is based on average composite ACT scores and four-year adjusted graduation rates from 2012-13.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 80%N/A54%

Teacher resources

Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

Music
  • Band
  • Choir / Chorus

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Staff resources available to students
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options

Music
  • Band
  • Choir / Chorus
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4615 Taylor Blvd