Bad
Good

Socially a little rough, academically strong. This school prepared my daughter for the MST program at Manual High school. A lot of structured academic learning. She was with people that were there to learn just like she was. However, the neighborhood kids caused a lot of hallway roughness. We never had direct issues but be warned, they are there.

Meyzeek now is like night and day when it comes to Meyzeek when i went there. When I attended Meyzeek it was inundated with gangs, weapons, constant fighting and staff assaults. I went to Meyzeek from 1982-1985. It was basically a battleground. Now, Meyzeek is one of the top middle schools in the state as well in the nation. Academically Meyzeek can not be beat in the middle school level. I believe it was because of the Math/Science/technology magnet that was introduced in the mid 80s. Good job Meyzeek staff and administration.

Love this school. Principal is super. Teachers for the most part have been very good. They really care about the kids and it shows. I feel confident my child will be prepared for high school.

My absolute favorite school I have attended. Prior to Meyzeek, I was an a and b student, but as soon as I was put in the competitive meyzeek environment where grades are everything, I became one if the best I my class. Additionally, I have never had such a unique cultural experience as I did at meyzeek. Some if my best friends were Muslim, hindu, and catholic and we all got along PERFECTLY. I know you think the neighborhood is sketchy,and I swear I ducked for bullets when I first got off the bus (thank goodness none came). The people of the neighborhood know they have family is inside that school building so they insure the schools security. Furthermore, being around children of a different socioeconomic standpoint from where I had been raised from, had a profound effect on me.

While I am sure this school isnt perfect we are thrilled with it. The teachers motivate the students to learn and there is just a lot of neat innovation in this school. My son scored very high on the AP exam, but his grades were not good, he moved to the AP program at Meyzeek and his grades and attitude have soared! My other boy is in ece with an iep and we are also thrilled he will be attending next year now that we have gotten to know the administration and we know that they have a huge number of ece teachers. Great school, dont be put off by the neighborhood!

The best school year of my life. I started off being average in my class, but i made the right friends and they propelled me to mabye top 10 in my class.It also made me hold other races higher and by far a better student just in 6th grade.AMAZING, EXCELLENT , THE BEST IN MY LIFE and it is also almost impossible to get into DuPont Manual (MST) if you dont go.

We are very happy with Meyzeek. This school has everything - great leadership, wonderful teachers, and challenging academic environment.

I attended Meyzeek in the 1990's and it was a great experience. We moved a lot and this was my third and final middle school. There, I got a well rounded experience and my time there prepared me to do well at duPont Manual High School--one of the top schools in the country at the time. The teaching staff was memorable, especially the art and science teacher. They really made my 8th grade year wonderful. The track and cross country coaches very supportive and encouraging as well as the community school staff. I truly believe that it was the community school staff that made the biggest impact on me. The social worker was probably the best counselor I ever had because she cared so much more than just between school hours. The security was great on support staff as well and there were so many others! The principal's leadership was wonderful. The art competition made me a better artist and helped me to build my career on into adulthood. The class work was fun, but effective and rigorous and they always tied the field trips to a lesson we learned to assure our retention of the materials.

Meyzeek is an amazing MST learning environment which is why it attracts kids from every corner of the city!

My daughter graduated from Meyzeek and is currently in high school. She continues to have a strong relationship with the friends that she made at Meyzeek. The school is able to support a diverse population of students and cultures. I am proud to say that my daughter attended Meyzeek because I know that she was exposed to ideas/concepts/opportunities that are not available in other schools.

Last modified Meyzeek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.