Posted November 22, 2013
My absolute favorite school I have attended. Prior to Meyzeek, I was an a and b student, but as soon as I was put in the competitive meyzeek environment where grades are everything, I became one if the best I my class. Additionally, I have never had such a unique cultural experience as I did at meyzeek. Some if my best friends were Muslim, hindu, and catholic and we all got along PERFECTLY. I know you think the neighborhood is sketchy,and I swear I ducked for bullets when I first got off the bus (thank goodness none came). The people of the neighborhood know they have family is inside that school building so they insure the schools security. Furthermore, being around children of a different socioeconomic standpoint from where I had been raised from, had a profound effect on me.

Posted October 27, 2013
While I am sure this school isnt perfect we are thrilled with it. The teachers motivate the students to learn and there is just a lot of neat innovation in this school. My son scored very high on the AP exam, but his grades were not good, he moved to the AP program at Meyzeek and his grades and attitude have soared! My other boy is in ece with an iep and we are also thrilled he will be attending next year now that we have gotten to know the administration and we know that they have a huge number of ece teachers. Great school, dont be put off by the neighborhood!

Posted April 12, 2012
We are very happy with Meyzeek. This school has everything - great leadership, wonderful teachers, and challenging academic environment.

Posted January 09, 2011
I attended Meyzeek in the 1990's and it was a great experience. We moved a lot and this was my third and final middle school. There, I got a well rounded experience and my time there prepared me to do well at duPont Manual High School--one of the top schools in the country at the time. The teaching staff was memorable, especially the art and science teacher. They really made my 8th grade year wonderful. The track and cross country coaches very supportive and encouraging as well as the community school staff. I truly believe that it was the community school staff that made the biggest impact on me. The social worker was probably the best counselor I ever had because she cared so much more than just between school hours. The security was great on support staff as well and there were so many others! The principal's leadership was wonderful. The art competition made me a better artist and helped me to build my career on into adulthood. The class work was fun, but effective and rigorous and they always tied the field trips to a lesson we learned to assure our retention of the materials.

Meyzeek Middle School 0

Posted October 15, 2010
Meyzeek is an amazing MST learning environment which is why it attracts kids from every corner of the city!

Posted October 21, 2009
My daughter graduated from Meyzeek and is currently in high school. She continues to have a strong relationship with the friends that she made at Meyzeek. The school is able to support a diverse population of students and cultures. I am proud to say that my daughter attended Meyzeek because I know that she was exposed to ideas/concepts/opportunities that are not available in other schools.

Posted October 11, 2009

Posted August 13, 2009
The first day of school, I was shocked to see all or alot of the staff greeting us making us feel protected and welcomed. It gave the school a sense of importance and it showed they were really interested in each childs wellbeing. So far, So good!!

Meyzeek Middle School 4

Posted April 29, 2009

Meyzeek Middle School 4

Posted April 20, 2008
My son attended Meyzeek from 6-8 grade and I am totally pleased with his academic performance and the teachers attitude towards my son. They really cared about his success and wanted him to get a quality education. They called me with concerns and offered to stay after school to give him exta help when he needed it. I would recommend anyone to send their child to Meyzeek. I have a daughter that will be entering middle school in 09/10 school year and Meyzeek will be our #1 choice school. I want to personally thank all my son's teachers for going that exta mile. We need more like you.

Meyzeek Middle School
828 South Jackson St, Louisville, KY  40203
Last modified Meyzeek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meyzeek Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.