Louisville, KY

King Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2011
My child attended King from kindergarten through 2nd grade. I found the teachers to be caring and kind, although some of them were complacent. The principal does not work well with the staff or parents, often alienating them with her unprofessional behavior. We loved the performing arts programs, but I believe my child was not challenged academically despite being in the AP program.

King Elementary School 2

Posted December 13, 2010
My son attended King this school year. While the staff was extremely nice, especially the Gifted Resource Teacher, this school needs an overhaul. I was disappointed with the lack of academic rigor. My son never had homework, and he was not challenged at all. The children were not grouped according to ability; therefore, my son was in class with students well below his level in the content areas of social studies, science, and reading. In addition, expect little to no communication on important issues from the principal. She does not communicate effectively with parents.

Posted September 13, 2007
Fabulous! My kids have found themselves in the many performing art programs that are offered. Students from all ethnic backgrounds attend! Teachers and staff are easy to work with!

Posted October 24, 2006
this school is a wonderful place to have your kid if they can get in .

Posted May 17, 2006
I found King to be a breath of fresh air, kindergarden was a delightful experience, I am looking forward to first grade at king. the entire staff was helpful in making school a wonderful experience.

Posted January 30, 2004
- a former student

King Elementary School
4325 Vermont Ave, Louisville, KY  40211
Last modified King Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top