Louisville, KY
Before care: Yes

Posted March 01, 2014
This school not only teaches the mind, but the body and soul. My boys are amazing readers but they can also play the piano and dance! Thank YOU LPAS!

Posted August 20, 2013
Where is the most recent school data for LPAS? I guarantee you that Principal French and Assistant Principal Ice have significantly increased student achievement since you last posted test scores. On top of having a phenomenal performing arts program, they are implementing very focused, intentional instructional strategies in the classroom to meet students' needs and push them to their full potential. In my opinion, LPAS is a GREAT SCHOOL as a direct result of the inspiring leadership, strong community partnerships, and enthusiastic students and parents! Bravo! ~ Principal Harris in Indy :)

Posted August 18, 2013
Lincoln has been a great school for us so far. As you can tell, there are some growing pains associated with the transition to a performing arts magnet school. However, the administration is the best I've experienced. Communication with parents is great. Any concerns are thoughtfully addressed in a timely manner. Our teachers last year were great and proactive with school events. For the kids who are in the new magnet program and had to apply to get in, it is a very happy place.

Posted January 17, 2013
I have to give Lincoln a 5 star rating. I am a parent of a former Licoln student. My daughter was in the first Performing Arts class when the school changed. It was the year of transition, and yes there were problems. But with any transition comes problems. My daughter learned dance and song and when I saw their first tap performance it was performed at Western Middle School. I could not believe how good these children were. They gave an outstanding performance and that is reflective of the teaching staff. Had they not been great then the children could not have.

Posted July 09, 2012
Great School. My kids love it. Teachers and staff make the school a fun place to learn. There were some growing pains and there is no excuse for messing up the bus assignment as one post mentioned, but we really love that our kids go here. Its a great way to learn. Take a tour and find out instead of just reading post online.

Posted October 11, 2011
My 2 daughters Kindergarten & 2nd grade love the school. All of the dancing, music & arts make each day special and learning much more enjoyable. I cant wait for the new additions to be complete for everyone to participate & be a part of.

Lincoln Elementary Performing Arts 2

Posted April 01, 2011
The Principal and the staff need to gain control of the students and maybe that would be a positive, Right now it is a very negative situation. My husband and I volunteer at the school and sometimes we don't want to go to the school either, Like our children.....

Lincoln Elementary Performing Arts 1

Posted March 29, 2011
The first day of school my child was not put on the bus and no-one called me nor answed the phone. I was at the bus depot for hours. This happened to many children from Lincoln. My first grade child had a new teacher who only got worse as the year went on. My child had all 'outstanding' and 'satisfactory' grades in the 'learning behaviors' section of one report card, but 'needs improvement' as his total reading grade. The teacher said my child and 2 other children did not put their names on a multiple choice test and she would not reissue it. And 1 missed homework assignment..Thus the poor grade. There were a number of bullies in this class and my child dreaded going to school. The teacher had no control over her class. The person in the office is awful. She would be very nasty if I called with a problem or complaint. As for the school, it is suposed to be a performing arts school, but no-one mentioned that mostly starts next year. At least JCPS was wonderful! When I called the school board with my laundry list of complaints, they gave my child an immediate transfer to a great scool.

Lincoln Elementary Performing Arts 4

Posted May 16, 2008
Teachers love teaching, students in saft learning environment. Principal ans staff care about students overall growth in the classroom and interpersonal development as a whole.

Lincoln Elementary Performing Arts 4

Posted September 10, 2007
Great teachers and office staff. Warm, friendly, structured, child centered environment.

Lincoln Elementary Performing Arts
930 East Main St, Louisville, KY  40206
Last modified Lincoln Elementary Performing Arts is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Elementary Performing Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top