Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted October 25, 2015
Absolutely the best school ever! My daughters had wonderful teachers and the administration is amazing!

Posted September 30, 2015
This is my son's second year at Lincoln and I am extremely pleased with the school. I am amazed at the growth I saw in him last year and I can say the same for this year as well. He is reading and writing above and beyond what I would have expected for someone his age. I am very lucky that my schedule allows me to volunteer quite a bit of time at school so I get to see daily operations. It's awesome to walk down the hall and in one room hear serious conversations about math and science and two doors down the kids are up dancing and singing for one of their "brain breaks". I believe that the mix of learning and arts is the perfect way to build smart, confident, happy kids. Keep in mind that this a Jefferson County Public School and they stick to the same curriculum as all the others. Our kids just get the perk of an arts class (and other special performances on occasion) added to their daily routine. They're really doing it right at Lincoln and I appreciate every administrator, faculty and staff member that makes it happen.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted September 29, 2015
Mr Ice & Mrs French, thank you for all do. Our kids are growing & learning everyday! LPAS rocks!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 29, 2015
Best teachers in town! Our boys have loved every teacher every year! Every year they say "this is my favorite teacher"

Posted September 29, 2015
We love this community centered school located in the NULU area! It teaches the whole person via dance, drama, piano, music, math, science, & reading! When our boys graduate they will have the courage to stand up in front of crowds, they will be well rounded boys ready for middle school. Thank you LPAS for all that you do for our family! We love you!

Lincoln Elementary Performing Arts 1

Posted August 06, 2015
This is a inner city school and it is reflected in the tough nature of most of the teachers. The dance teacher is one of the worst she barks orders to the students and has been very rude to me as well. For example the car rider line they called **** my child's name my child responded "the teacher turned and yelled I wasn't talking to you was I? Sit down and shut up!" (Evidentially different student same name) my child came out crying that day last day if school. Children tend to do as you do not as you say to do and I do not like my child being taught to act this way by teachers. The focus is so much on drama, music and dance when they are lacking in basic subjects reading, math exct. My child is not encouraged or challenged in areas of strength and looses interest. My child has been routinely bullied both by students and rudeness by teachers. My child use to love learning and wanted to go to school but now the thought of attending leaves my child nervous and in tears. This is definitely not the experience we had hoped for. Now my child dreads going back. My child enjoyed learning over the summer and did very well at home. This year hoping my child does not come home with giant bruises and in tears when my child just wants to learn. Hopefully teachers can get the students under control at the playground this year too.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 06, 2015
The teachers can be very rude and snippy. Though you teach be kind to others if your yelling and being rude to a student "shut up" children usually do as you do not as you say.

Posted August 20, 2013
Where is the most recent school data for LPAS? I guarantee you that Principal French and Assistant Principal Ice have significantly increased student achievement since you last posted test scores. On top of having a phenomenal performing arts program, they are implementing very focused, intentional instructional strategies in the classroom to meet students' needs and push them to their full potential. In my opinion, LPAS is a GREAT SCHOOL as a direct result of the inspiring leadership, strong community partnerships, and enthusiastic students and parents! Bravo! ~ Principal Harris in Indy :)

Posted August 18, 2013
Lincoln has been a great school for us so far. As you can tell, there are some growing pains associated with the transition to a performing arts magnet school. However, the administration is the best I've experienced. Communication with parents is great. Any concerns are thoughtfully addressed in a timely manner. Our teachers last year were great and proactive with school events. For the kids who are in the new magnet program and had to apply to get in, it is a very happy place.

Posted January 17, 2013
I have to give Lincoln a 5 star rating. I am a parent of a former Licoln student. My daughter was in the first Performing Arts class when the school changed. It was the year of transition, and yes there were problems. But with any transition comes problems. My daughter learned dance and song and when I saw their first tap performance it was performed at Western Middle School. I could not believe how good these children were. They gave an outstanding performance and that is reflective of the teaching staff. Had they not been great then the children could not have.

930 East Main St, Louisville, KY  40206
Last modified Lincoln Elementary Performing Arts is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.