Bad
Good

Posted October 30, 2013
The nation's only high school where a student can earn a FAR, Part 141 Private Pilot's license as part of their regular classes. My son is enrolled in the aviation magnet, and also ROTC and loves it. We just moved here from out of state, and we found that people have a negative opinion about it because of the neighborhood that it is in, but that they don't know anything about it otherwise. They really should check it out before having an opinion. They are missing out if they don't.

Posted July 15, 2012
This school is amazing. I went here my freshman year and I loved it. What people don't understand is every school has problems and honestly I didn't have any problems at Shawnee. I wish I could go back but I moved to another state :(

Academy@ Shawnee High School 1

Posted October 06, 2009
Well, I used to be a student there and I had to transfer because I was nothing but miserable there. The kids that go there care about everything but school. Constant fights. The teachers cant keep classes uncontrol. I would never go back there even if you paid me.

Posted July 14, 2008
Shawnee High School is a vision. I attended Shawnee High School. I believe their programs and staff are wonderful. I never had to worry. I had teachers that worked with me. I am so glad that I made a choice to go.

Academy@ Shawnee High School 4

Posted July 12, 2004
Well, I am not a parent but I was a student in the Aviation program there. I have to say that the experiance was one that I should never forget. The Teacher student time spent was very good. I felt that the building was secure, meaning that the security was very tight there. The students that I came in contact with where fun people to be around. The fact that the students must wear uniforms there just inforces the strict rules there, and helps build structure to the school. Although, it was an interesting seeing that at least one of the public services like, Police, Fire Department, Hospital, or animal control was always visiting. Occationally the local Pizza Hut would deliver to the class room due to a prank of a student. But non the less my experiance was a personal favorite that should stick in my mind for a while.

Academy@ Shawnee High School
4001 Herman Street, Louisville, KY  40212
Last modified Academy@ Shawnee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy@ Shawnee High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top