Shelby Traditional Academy 1

Posted October 14, 2013
This school was awful. My daughter attended Shelby for Kindergarten. There was absolutely no challenging criteria for children who were a little more advanced. Therefor, my daughter was bored, which lead to notes home for talking. The principal is unresponsive, i had made a few calls to the school during the year and she did not return one phone call until the week before the school year ended. I did not even think twice about switching her schools. She now attends one of the Montessori programs and it is a complete 180 from last year.

Shelby Traditional Academy 2

Posted August 25, 2011
My Daughter was there for KG and 1st grade. She made good friends at school. Both teachers were very good and she had good time. But it seems that the environment is not that much challenging. At early age kids can learn lot of things really fast and have fun too. Considering the duration of school (7 hrs) kids did not seem to be doing many things. Other hurdle seemed to be lack of parent participation.

Shelby Traditional Academy 2

Posted September 23, 2010
I am so tired of hearing what a great school this is. I mean, c'mon.... It's 1 out of 10. It's a no child left behind school. At any point the state can take this school over & a parent can pull their child from this school & move to another school in the district. That's exactly what I did. The secretary keeps saying "You don't know what you're missing". Yeah, I do! We're missing out on the opportunity for my son to one day draw welfare. I want him to get a good education, go to college, & provide for his family. Attending a school in this rating just sets your child up for failure. It's crazy!

Posted May 30, 2009
Best elementary school in the world

Posted May 15, 2009

Posted April 20, 2009

Shelby Traditional Academy
735 Ziegler St, Louisville, KY  40217
Last modified Shelby Traditional Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shelby Traditional Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.