Bad
Good

My son is in the 6 the grade at this school. We actually chose this school over our resides school. My son absolutely loves this school. He is so happy everyday when I pick him up, and his teachers have been wonderful. He is currently in the ap classes and has been on the honor roll all year so far. He really enjoys going to school now and he didn't in elementary. Mr.?Perkins is a great principal and I think he is doing good things for this school. We are very happy with our decision to send our son to this all boys school.

I currently have a son attending this school for the first year. We were apprehensive in the beginning because of the school being all boy school, and our son was used to coed. These past few months have been great, I have ask my son daily how his day went and he always gives a positive response. I have received feedback from each of the teachers and when I email or phone they always respond timely. I am pleased at this point and my son stated he is interested in returning for 2014-15 school year as well. Keep up the good work, grades are looking pretty good too.

Frederick Law Olmsted Academy North This school is the best school. The teachers and staff go to great measures to insure my son gets a meaniful education. They are always very helpful and he really enjoys school.

If you truly love your child PLEASE research this place thoroughly. Study public records thoroughly.

The good thing about this school is that the teachers are really engaged and do a good job overall. The problem is that there are so many bad and disruptive children that the inmates run the jail! My son goes to school to learn and is constantly bullied. Each time the problem is addressed but then other incidents occur. I think the school worries too much about their attendance rather than making sure it is a safe environment for learning. I wish I would have sent my son to a better school but then again, JCPS does not make that easy, especially living in the South End.

I want people to know that reviews of our school prior to 2008 are not valid as they represent an old school as it closed and Frederick Law Olmsted Academy North reopened as a new school in 2008. The reviews prior came from a school that existed on this location called Southern Middle School or Southern Leadership Academy, which is now closed. We have made great strides since becoming an all boys school and this is an outstanding school. Bill Perkins, Principal

I am a teacher at FLOAN and I can say that this school is a fantastic place for young men to be educated. The opportunities here are endless. We have great teachers, a supportive administration, and a student body filled with potential. It is easy to leave a negative comment on a site such as this, but if you were in the school, you would know - a difference is being made here.

Before this school became all-boys and Olmsted Academy North, it did have many issues. Since the change there have been tremendous strides made in improving the school and it is undoubtedly one of the best schools in Jefferson Co. The office staff as well as the teaching staff has been very helpful and care about the students as if they were their family.

This school is the best... You get a great education and there are hard working teachers.

Last modified Frederick Law Olmsted Academy North is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.