Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

There is roughly forty-five minutes per night but that is thirty minutes of reading. I feel like it's preparing him for the hours of homework later on.

I love Carter Traditional. The staff is wonderful, the students are polite and respectful, and I truly feel like my son is receiving an amazing education. It was either private schools or Carter and I am glad I decided to go with Carter. My son has made so many friends and is constantly telling me about new things that he has learned. I would high recommend this school to anyone that is willing to be a dedicated parent to their child's education. There is a lot of homework, reading, activities, and projects. It's great for the kids!

Very good test results indicate the academic success of this program, however, it is not for everyone. A lot of homework and writing papers.

This is my sons 2nd year at Carter. He is in the first grade, and has the most amazing teacher. She truly cares about the students. Our first year was a little rough getting used to the rules, but now that he has been there for awhile, he understands what is expected of him. He loves going to school and feels safe there. I appreciate the fact that they encourage parent involvement, and very much enjoy being able to volunteer when ever I can. We couldn't be more pleased with this school, and I am certain that my son will continue to flourish for the remainder of his years at Carter.

my child goes to this school its a really nice place

Carter is a great place to learn and grow. Great staff and wonderful teachers!!!!!!!

Nice and friendly staff, they are always willing to help when you have questions. My son feels safe at school .

The highly structured and disciplined learning enviornment at Carter has been a huge benefit to my daughter's learning. They put a huge emphasis on academics and self-accountability for getting their classwork and especially their homework done on a daily basis, even at the Kindergarten level. It is this type of enviornment that will undoubtedly set the foundation and prepare her for the rest of her life.

My son has been diagnosed with ADHD. His kindergarten teacher helped him overcome the many obstacles he faced every day. I am grateful to all the staff for their concern and help with him. This is an A++ school in Jefferson County.

Last modified Carter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.