Posted September 24, 2010
This is my sons 2nd year at Carter. He is in the first grade, and has the most amazing teacher. She truly cares about the students. Our first year was a little rough getting used to the rules, but now that he has been there for awhile, he understands what is expected of him. He loves going to school and feels safe there. I appreciate the fact that they encourage parent involvement, and very much enjoy being able to volunteer when ever I can. We couldn't be more pleased with this school, and I am certain that my son will continue to flourish for the remainder of his years at Carter.

Posted January 16, 2010
my child goes to this school its a really nice place

Posted September 21, 2009
Carter is a great place to learn and grow. Great staff and wonderful teachers!!!!!!!

Posted September 17, 2009
Nice and friendly staff, they are always willing to help when you have questions. My son feels safe at school .

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted May 28, 2008
The highly structured and disciplined learning enviornment at Carter has been a huge benefit to my daughter's learning. They put a huge emphasis on academics and self-accountability for getting their classwork and especially their homework done on a daily basis, even at the Kindergarten level. It is this type of enviornment that will undoubtedly set the foundation and prepare her for the rest of her life.

Carter Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2008

Posted July 10, 2007
My son has been diagnosed with ADHD. His kindergarten teacher helped him overcome the many obstacles he faced every day. I am grateful to all the staff for their concern and help with him. This is an A++ school in Jefferson County.

Carter Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
Carter is a great school for most kids. My child had a difficult time there. We switched her from a non - tradtional school when she started third grade. This is her 3rd year at Carter. I don't know if this is how Traditional is supposed to be but the homework is outrageous. My child sits in school all day doing classwork with usually no recreation time at all and then is expected to come home and do homework from the time she walks in the door until bedtime and sometimes longer. There were a few nights we were up longer. That to me is just crazy. The new JCPS rule that there should be at least 30 minutes recreation time is not inforced at Carter. I was told by one of her teachers 'it's my decision and we have too much work to do to fit that in.'

Posted October 16, 2005
Wow! I am so amazed by Carter. His teacher is incredible. I could not have wished for a better kindergarten teacher than Mrs. Kimery. There are high standards for academics. My son has music, art, computer lab, P.E. and science lab weekly. The level of parent involment in awesome. I couldn't believe how many parents showed up for a recent field trip. And, of course, Mr. Nix, the principal. He knew my son by name by the third day of school. My son thinks the world of Mr. Nix and I think he is a fabulous leader for the children and staff alike. Again, wow!

Carter Elementary School
3600 Bohne Ave, Louisville, KY  40211
Last modified Carter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.