Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers can't be effective when the classroom is constantly disrupted by the students and some of the teachers are not honest when they talk to parents.

I consider this school a "thug" school. The students are totally disrespectful - cussing teachers, disrupting the classroom all the time and fighting. Three teachers were fired my daughter's first year there and one, great seasoned teacher left because she could not deal with it. The counselor was good but could only do so much. I have transferred my child out.

A reasonable number of the students do not value education. They are disrespectful to the teachers and their fellow students. Most of the students come to Stuart with significant behavior problems which makes it impossible for the good students to fully benefit/experience a rewarding learning experience. I have never seen such disrespect and lack of meaningful consequences in any environment.

This school is the worst school i've seen they need to restaff the school. Only a small handful of teachers care. And if you defend yourself your the one to get in trouble.

I would not advice you to go to this school i am a student at Stuart middle school. Mostly all the kids there take drugs and they always fight also the kids talk back to the staff they tell them curse words and all the teachers do is just send them into another room just for 10 minutes than they return like nothing happened another thing the students are racist if you are any other race than black or white they Will make fun of you race. Most of the teachers don't care what you do they don't care if you get in to a fight they only do stuff in the last second to do something .

I would DIFFENTLY FIRE the PRINCIPAL of this school. She is very rude, unprofessional, and uncaring of her student s futures. This school needs a full overhaul of Administration and Staff. From the Lunchroom Staff to the Administration. Clear the school and start over!!!! Poor test scores, reflects lack of leadership, and dedication of the staff. These Adults are failing their students by staying. I am a Parent of a student that has to go there, he never hated school until he had to enter this school. (My child has good grades only because his parents pick up all the slack from his teachers) Save your child, FIGHT TO KEEP HIM OR HER OUT OF THIS SCHOOL! These students Deserve a better school. March 05,2013

The administration and teachers work hard to make Stuart a great school.

I would strongly recommend that any parent that is considering Stuart Middle School for their child do their homework on this school before sending their child there. I went on past history from my oldest child, who is 11 years older than my child now attending, but the school has changed. My son's grades and behavior have been negatively change since entering this school. My son brough home a permission slip to attend an after-school program, and the grammar, punctuation, et cetera was not that of an individual that I believe should believe teaching in any school in any subject. Talking to the principal, counselor is like speaking to a wall. Communication between administration and parents really needs to be improved. I have a younger child, and I will not let her attend Stuart in its current condition. I believe Jefferson County really needs to look at the problems.

Great school...My child really enjoys it here...

My daughter just entered the 6th grade AP program at stuart, and I absolutly would not reccommed this school to anyone. she is in her second week of school, and has not had one page of homework.This school is very unorganized, they leave parents in the dark about everything going on.They give a four hour orrientation, and I left there knowing no more than I knew when I started.My daughter had harder work in elementary school, then she is doing now in middle school I have heard nothing but bad things about this school.I decided to give it a try and it is horrible.I feel she is not going to learn anything while she is in this school, she even told me they have learned nothing and they play games everyday.I can't say enough about this school, just if you can do your child a favor and keep them out!!!!

Last modified Stuart Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.