Farnsley Middle School 3

Posted September 25, 2013
In this part of the county it's hard to find what you think is a good school. My son came from a catholic school that was ok. 6th and 7th grades went ok at Farnsley. Last year his 8th grade was when I began to have some issues with administration. My son is a smart child so I never questioned any class he had A's and high B's in. I focused on the low B's and below. My biggest problem is how can a child make A's and B's in Algebra then go to high school and is struggling with a D. He said he needed to retake the class because he did not learn anything. My son will learn Algebra but at least has a grade to reflect his understanding of this subject at this point. If I would have known my son was not learning but had an A or B, I would have raised a lot of stink with who ever would listen. As I said this is one of the best middle schools in the southwest part of the county. I do not want to advise any parent to not choose Farnsley but stay connected and don't think an A or B means your child knows what is needed for the next level. I can not rate the teachers below a 4 because they were good teachers just don't understand the math teacher's lack of concern. New principle???

Posted September 07, 2013
My son gets great education, and I believe this school deserves a 8/10/ I deduct 2 points because this school could fund raise for better lunch at least. And it would be better if students got more freedom to ride other buses.

Farnsley Middle School 1

Posted October 23, 2012
When my son was attending this school the principal was Mr.Stevenson, and the Assistant Principal was Ms.Hudson. They both displayed a poor lack of leadership and authority when it came to my special needs child being bullied. Ms.Hudson actually contributed to my son being bullied with her use of threatening and intimidation. I reported the incidents to the Board of Education and it is on record. I would never send anymore of my children to Farnsley Middle. They do not stand by the "Zero Tolerance" law on bullying, and they do not insure the safety and protection of your children, especially if they happen to be disabled. This is an awful school under very poor leadership. When an Assistant principal bullies your child, it takes away from their self esteem, because educators are who our children look up to for help and support...not to be verbally and mentally abused.

Posted September 07, 2012
Farnsley is a great school. I am a 7th grader there and i have never had any problems with anyone. The principle is great, he understands you listens to you when you have something to say. We have great athletic programs and other things like music, art, drama and so much more. I love this school and cant wait to be back next year

Posted April 20, 2012
I love this school, the teachers are so nice! The principal is a very good example of leadership,and what a good person should be like when they grow up. Sometimes I don't quite understand but then when I tell the teacher and they talk me through it and then I understand it front through back.

Posted August 04, 2011
I currently attend Farnsley Middle School and I'm going into 8th grade. I absolutely love love love this school! It is amazing! We go on tons of field trips and the teacher's are wonderful! There are a lot of after school activities students can be in that are very fun. I have never had a problem with this school and hope I don't (:

Farnsley Middle School 4

Posted June 25, 2010
Farnsley is a great school. I will have to agree with some of the other reviews about discipline. The 6th grade assistant principal was very difficult to communicate with this year. When there was an issue I had a hard time understanding his method of reason or how he responded. He did not take the time to investigate the problem he automatically punished the children without getting to the root of the issue. I was thoroughly frustrated with him and his actions as a leader of the school.The principal is great. He will listen and he keeps his word. He cares about the students. The sixth grade counselor was wonderful as well. I felt that I could communicate with them both. Teachers are also in constant communication with parents they will write you a note in your child's agenda or email you. My child enjoys this school.

Farnsley Middle School 1

Posted December 11, 2009
I went to Farnsley as a 6th grader and had severe problems that i did not have in elementary school. I had problems with my teachers, peers and the rules. All of which i had asked for help and never recieved it. In elementary school i had a 4.0 and then i go to middle school and have a 3.2. But i know go to Barret TMS and love in i have no propblems with peers or schoolwork or teachers. Kelly-

Farnsley Middle School 2

Posted November 12, 2009

Farnsley Middle School 3

Posted June 09, 2009
I attended Farnsley Middle school and I am now in high school. Farnsley does a good job with setting up extra-curricular activities, the teachers are nice, and some of the administrators are very helpful. But one major flaw in Farnsley is how they handle problems. The punishments they offer are confusing and not effective. I wasn't one to ever get in trouble, but when I did, no one, including myself, felt the punishment fit. Also, the way they do things at Farnsley is very disorganized. As an 8th grader, I was not prepared for high school at all, as far as class transitions and responsibility went. We stayed as a class and traveled to different teachers and the teachers walked us to lunch and related arts. We felt like kindergarders. We needed a little more freedom.

Farnsley Middle School
3400 Lees Ln, Louisville, KY  40216
Last modified Farnsley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farnsley Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top