Louisville, KY

Posted August 21, 2013
I absolutley love this school. Both my kids go and its everything a parent could ask for out of a school.

Posted November 19, 2012
We have been very happy so far with Schaffner and just submitted an application for our second child to attend!

Posted October 04, 2011
Schaffner students, parents & staff are by far the best. The staff cares and the parents are involved!

Posted April 18, 2011
I just happened upon this , and after readng about Shaffner Elementary, I just had to share this with everyone. My daughter, who is now 20 yrs. old, was a student at Shaffner. I can't tell you how lucky, an greatful I am that she was able to go to suh a fine, ine school. Shaffner and the staff, are directly responsible for instilling a work ethic in her, as well as gtting her ready for the next step........every year. She spent all her elementary yrs. , then went to Butler HS. , which is also a Traditional school. There isn't anything I can say to you,to explain how much of a mistake t would've been to pass up the chance for your child to go to such a great school. I wouldn't care if I had to drive my child across town every morning and afternoon, it would be greatly worth every bit of it, in the long run. You simply can't put a monitary value on what being accepted to Schaffner Elem. is worth. The qauility of education at Schaffner, just can't be equaled. Everyone, who has ever had a cild there can atest. My daughter, will graduate college next month, and it all started for her,at Schaffner Elementary ,....and I can't thank them enough.....20 yrs. later ! "SCHAFFNER ROCKS" !

Posted March 28, 2011
My daughter is in kindergarten at Schaffner and I couldn't be more impressed with the school.I had heard nothing but great things about the school and wanted my child to attend and luckily she was selected.It truly was like hitting the lottery when we got the letter stating she would attend Schaffner.Now that her first year is wrapping up at Schaffner she is currently doing what 1st and 2nd graders are doing at other schools.Before the start of Kindergarten the principal had a meeting with all the Kindergartener s parents and explained what he expected from both the students and parents.If you are not involved with your child s education your child won't be at Schaffner very long.If your child doesn t behave and isn't ready to work hard your child won't be at Schaffner very long.I wish all schools could have the leverage that traditional schools have but sadly they don't and they have to put up with all the BS that the traditional schools don't.If your one of the great teachers, where would you want to teach?Would you go to a school where you had to put up with parents not being involved and repeated disruptive behavior?I know I would choose the traditional route.Go DOLPHINS!

Posted September 23, 2010
My son attends Schaffner & it is by far the best school. If I moved to another state, I would drive my child to Schaffner everyday so that he could still attend. My son struggled a bit in kindergarden and his teacher was exceptional in getting him the help he needed to succeed, now he excels in all areas. I highly recommend this school.

Posted November 14, 2007
Schaffner is a phenomenal academic school which follows the traditional program perfectly. My son has fortunately been a proud student of Schaffner since kindergarten. Now that he is in 5th grade, I do feel as though Schaffner has prepared my son for Middle school and beyond. This school is highly structured, very challenging, and extremely exceptional to say the least. It has highly educated and knowledgeable teachers and staff. Full parent participation is an absolute must. The school is always clean and well kept. The atmosphere is friendly, inviting, and diverse. School lunches are tasty, reasonably priced, and they have even healthier options as well. To be a graduate of Schaffner Traditional Elementary gives each child the distinction of being an outstanding learner who has a love for learning and demands to be challenged. Luck has nothing to do with it. Schaffner is truly a blessing.

Posted November 14, 2007

Posted September 27, 2007
Schaffner is a great school for children who want to learn and be challenged. After only 6 weeks, I can tell how much my 5-year old is going to gain from their traditional program. Not only is she gaining book knowledge, she is also becoming more responsible, more accountable for her actions, and more determined to learn how to read. Everyone (from the office staff to the teachers) creates an atmosphere conducive to learning and the kids thrive in it. And the school definitely realizes that for a child to be successful at learning, the parents must be involved too. Schaffner parents are literally involved from day 1 and the school keeps you informed of your child's progress weekly. I am completely impressed by everything Schaffner has done thus far and I look forward to watching my child excel in their program.

Posted February 27, 2006
- a former student
I am also a former student and can say that my fondest memories come from being at Schaffner when I was younger. I rememeber the dependability of my teachers and even our prinicipal acutally being involved with students throughout the day. Keep up the Great work Schaffner!

Schaffner Elementary School
2701 Crums Ln, Louisville, KY  40216
Last modified Schaffner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schaffner Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top