Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All teachers are effective and some are outstanding! They care about the progress of their students.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is given, but not each night. Students have time to have a life outside of school.

Develops character: Agree

This is something that the school has been working on for the past few years. They are adopting the Leader in Me program during the 16-17 school year.

This school has made a huge turn around in the past 3 years. The problems that were listed in some of the earlier reviews are no longer there. The principal is always willing to speak with parents if they have a concern. It is a great school! Don't be afraid to move into the district.

This school has made major improvements in the last two years. Mr. Jason Clark is the principal and has worked really hard to change people's opinion of BSMS! Way to go Browning Springs!!!

I guess it is because we moved here from Michigan but we had issues with the school. The building and facilities are absolutely beautiful and remodeled recently. Very light and airy feel. My husband and I are in the scientific and engineering fields and have been forced to have conversations with the teachers regarding information he was being taught. The information was wrong scientifically and mathematically. This was very disturbing to me and my husband. My son was (finding) the correct information and revising his work just to fail on it because it wasn't in the teachers book. As for the math teacher for two of his years he would flunk him if the work wasn't done "common core". I don't know common core and he couldn't teach my child common core in a way he could understand so I had to teach him. The work was shown and the answers were correct he wanted to fail him based on the type of learning style. Lastly, there was bullying when he was there and he stood up for a girl and he was beaten up in first period no teacher was present and the boy had to walk over from another class to come punch him. I had told my son DO NOT fight back and he didn't and was suspended anyway.

I am a current student at browning springs , and I can honestly tell you it's the worst school I've ever been to . The teachers don't know what they are teaching , half the time the have to ask the students what this and that is because they "forgot." The students are very rude and bully each other so much that it is nearly impossible for a student to focus on their work . I've encountered many situations where children are getting bullied or there may be something quite rude said , and the teachers just ignore them . I've never been treated so cruely by teachers and class mates ever until I went to bsms . I've also been treated unequally amongst people before . If you want your child to learn , don't take them to browning springs.

This school is unsanitary and not a great learning environment.

i'm an 8th grade student at BSMS and its awesome. Our school soes have kind of a bad rep but there's really nothing bad about it. It's just the typical middle school stuff you find everywhere. You should send your kids there :)

I'm an 8th grade student here at BSMS and I love this school. The teachers are awesome and i would recommend this school for any new students moving to Madisonville. Our scores went way up and has finished the remodling. You should definately go here!

Last modified Browning Springs Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.