Mayfield, KY

1 review of this school

Mayfield Elementary School 2

Posted August 01, 2014
We were optimistic about Mayfield! The teachers are truly amazing and made our experience with the school much better! That being said, this school is seriously lacking in sooooo many areas. The principal is beyond terrible. The librarian talks about kids like they're cattle. Most of the extra type teachers don't even seem to enjoy being around children at all. There is a lot of yelling and disrespect that goes on towards the children. My child would describe teachers as being hateful and mean, he honestly felt like they hated him personally and that broke my heart. There's also a lot of bullying that goes on among students. My child learned terrible language and heard terrible conversations as soon as 1st grade. I myself witnessed a sweet preschool aged child talking with his brother about "weed" and using curse words. It was just a bitter experience for us. The main teachers at the school however are the best teachers that I have ever known! Improvements can surely be made if someone would take the time to make them! Parent involvement in this school seems to be discouraged.

Mayfield Elementary School
1004 Backusburg Rd, Mayfield, KY  42066
Last modified Mayfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayfield Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top