6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Neutral

Forest Hill Military Academy is no longer operating. The school is out-of-business.

Final update: Millersburg Military Institute aka: Forest Hill Military Academy is no longer operating. The property is being developed for other uses.

I am a student at forest hill I think this is a great school I think each of these kids are family they grow on you slowly. I really love this school we have many programs in the summer and we have a winter program in dec I think this school keeps getting better I love how much the staff tries they plan parties and bring in food for us they have heaters in every room the teachers push us to a higher level than a regular school and they always give us chances to make it up. Our staff always listen to what we have to say and they always find ways to fix it no matter how big our drill sergeant is the bomb at the end of the year every one thanks him for every thing cause he helps so many kids improve their lives I know several people who call him and thank him for making their kids better people I really love this school and I would recommend this school to every one I know. I love how staff pushes us to our full potential even if we think we don't have any that is why I am giving this school 5 stars

Complete disappointment! My nephew really wanted a military experience and this he did not get. As a teacher, their academics are way below standards. They claim they follow core curriculum, and this they do not! After months for being bullied, empty promises and being allowed to isolate from the other students we pulled him. Unfortunately, it was after paying our third installment. Though he never returned after the holiday break, and we were promised a full refund, we have yet to hear from them. Numerous calls and certified letters and NOTHING! Claimed they had to wait until camp money came in.....still nothing. Though there are a few that really care, the obstacles are against them. Overall, very unorganized and poor leadership!!

BIG CHANGES ARE ON THE WAY! As we get ready to start our third year of academics, we are making significant changes that will not only challenge the students academically, but physically as well. Qualified high school students will now be able to register for dual-credit college courses (five are currently enrolled and attending classes). We are also teaming up with the Urban Ninja Project as an addition to our extracurricular and fitness program. Track, cross-country, swimming, and Airsoft teams will be formed this year. We are also fixing the problems of the past, and making the Cadet experience exciting and engaging. We are learning the lessons of the past and moving forward into the future. As a 26-year U.S. Army veteran, after working here for the past year, I'm confident we can continue to fix what ails us and make this a premier school, but we need your help. As a 501(c)3, we need donations to create endowments to improve our aging facilities and create student scholarships. Please look at our website and talk to us before you judge negative comments. We welcome personal tours of the facility, and are willing to answer any questions or concerns.

This is the third year my son has attended the school and he has also participated in their summer programs. He has become more disciplined and respectful to his parents. The new leadership of the organization is really doing a great job.

My son came home sick, neglected, removed from population and sleeping in an instructors office for 2 days after being threatened by a bully to be thrown out of a third story window. He was talking about things he learned sexually...new words, etc...new things...while fireguard had snuck out and cadre were chilling in front of a TV. The bully got to participate in the formation on parents night, my son DID not. He was sick and without an issued water container for days and there's no soap in the bathrooms. A wasted 3 k...do not send your child here if you care for them. I am so disappointed.

This school, has its ups and down but at the end of the year my child came back a better kid. I could tell his time there was very educational and full of benefits. I highly recommend this school

It is unbelievable that this "school" has not been shut down yet.They have NO Accreditation (Department of Education denies ANY affiliation) and members are extremely concerned about info regarding a former teacher.On top of this their "leadership" has changed several times within the course of months...Fire Marshall citing terrible conditions...little to NO supervision by an adult in the building at night...NO affiliation with the Army or ANY other government agency."Army Cadet Corps" is a fancy name created on Facebook.There are REAL LEGITAMATE military schools that ARE affiliated with the Army and JROTC...this "school" is not one of them.There is no staff to answer phones or handle paperwork/important information sharing..Bottom line...I would not send my dog here...and I am extremely concerned about every child enrolled.

The faculty and staff have absolutely no Army Background and no teaching experience. I would not recommend this school to anyone with a son as there is no discipline or extra curricula activities.

Last modified Forest Hill Military Academy is a Private school that serves grades 6-12