Morgantown Elementary School 5

Posted September 01, 2009

Posted September 09, 2008
My daughter has been in this school since the 06-07 school year. She is doing well, and is happy. Her teachers are supportive, and creative. I couldn't ask for a better school

Posted March 05, 2008
My children have been attending MES since the 2005-2006 school year. My son's first year was a little rough because he had never been any type of classroom enviroment or around so many children at one time, but he has adjusted well with the help and support of teachers and staff at MES. He is now in the 2nd grade and making A's and B's. My daughter, who is in the 1st grade, also makes A's and B's. We live outside the school district (in a different county altogether), but it was never a problem and I am very excited to have my children attend their school as opposed to the school that in my opinion isn't as good a school. Keep up the good work!

Posted January 27, 2006
We enrolled our son in Kindergarten at Morgantown Elementary and he is now in the 4th grade there. Each year, the quality of his academic instruction has not only met, but exceeded my hopes and expectations. The school motto, 'Patriots CARE', exemplifies the standards and goals at M.E.S. of cooperation, attitude, responsibility and effort. We've had mulitple extracurricular opportunities including musical programs, jr. pro basketball, Academic team meets as well as activities for children to learn community involvement such as the St. Jude's Mathathon and Jump Rope for Heart. I have found parent involvement at M.E.S to be very welcomed and appreciated. Recent endeavors 'to leave no child behind' are programs such as Fast Forward, Smart Boards, and Thoughtful Schools. I am thankful and proud of the M.E.S.' status as a Blue Ribbon School. Congratulations and great job!

Posted June 06, 2004
Great school. Have one child that has finished and one still attending, the teachers are very helpful and careing about the children! I enjoy and trust all the teaching staff at this school. In my opion it is one of the best!!! Thanks to all the staff, keep up the great work.

Morgantown Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2004
I am very dissapointed with this school. My son is in the second grade and is not getting the attention he or other classmates need. Everytime he ask for help, he will get a little but not enough to understand. He would be headed to the teachers desk and she would tell him to sit down. I don't know about other parents but I am tired of my son not getting the help he needs. They always talk about no students being left behind. Out of 22 students in my son's class, only 6 made the honor roll. Now what does that tell you.

Morgantown Elementary School
210 West Cemetery St, Morgantown, KY  42261
Last modified Morgantown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morgantown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.