Bad
Good

My child is currently in the 8th grade at MWMS and I have been nothing less than amazed by how well this school is run. The school does have a reputation for being strict, but as a parent I think that is exactly what other schools in the district (and in general) are lacking! Who wants to send their kids to a school where the adults don't have control? A lack of discipline is a recipe for a plethora of issues, including bulling, disruptive classrooms, etc. My child used to go to a school in Jefferson County, so I have seen first hand what a school lacking control looks like. In addition, I have seen nothing but the best classroom environments at this school. The teachers are seem to be very caring and compassionate people. I have always felt comfortable with sending my child to this school. They are also fabulous at setting the bar high for academic expectations. I can't say enough good things about this school! I would recommend to anyone!

Community is great & so are the elementary and high schools, however MWMS is lacking. Grades are not updated timely in Infinite Campus, and when my child has asked teachers about it (for they get in trouble at home), they are advised they have a life outside of school; although correct, as a parent, when grades aren't updated timely, it is usually too late to intervene and help when your child needs it. Although, another user is thrilled with their 4 month experience, after 2 years, we wish we had fought harder for a hardship to the other local middle school. The administration has broken up the Booster Club, all but disbanded the PTA, and does not encourage any athletic or club activities; parents had requested a dance team, had a teacher who was willing to coach, and was informed no. Many disparity treatments at this school, and they make up policies and rules to best fit their situation. Walking into the school is like a prison and the head of the administration is frigid and doesn't show much real caring for the students. Save yourself the trouble and go to Eastside. The board is aware, and so are the parents of upperclassmen. Such a shame, this place could be great!

My child is a sixth grader at Mount Washington Middle. I had some reservations about my son attending the school due to the bad reputation that it aquired over past years. Teachers spent more time disciplining students and less educating, which enables those who want to learn. Fortunately, this seems to be an issue of the past. At the beginning of the school year, some of the staff took the time to educate both the parents and students on bullying and the negative impact it has on the victims. My child has transitioned from elementary to middle school quite well. The teachers seem to genuinely care about helping the students succeed both academically and socially.

I like this school because of my friends other wise i dont really enjoy it unless im in trouble at home which im always in trouble because my grades are not uploaded on time on infinite campass. i hate how the school worrys to much about bullying when its not even a problem. i like most of the teachers but i will say their is some favrotisom as a 8th grader, espcially i cant wait to go to high school and if i could redo middle school i would go to eastside instead. apparently our school is poor but yet we can afford ipad minis for all the teachers. again the only reason i enjoy this school is my friends. and our class trip to DC was replaced with an expensive trip to Atlanta, why now after all these years?

I am a student at mount whashington middle ,and my opinion is that i think this is a great school,and im glad i go there .

This school is terific I have learned so much here. I want everyone else to know that. All of the teachers are great and help me on anything im stuck on. Not once have i had any problems with bullies or any type of fear in school, exsept mabey getting nervous for a test. I would deffinatly recomend this school to anyone. I previously had gone to a private school and the curriculum has definatly measured up. The one thing i love the most is all of the extra activities this school offers. Even though i don't like to where uniform i still admire this school deeply. So if you are looking for a school to go to MWMS is definatly the right school.

Last modified Mt. Washington Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.