Posted October 06, 2013
We love this school. The teachers, staff and students are usually cheerful, committed, and on task. As a parent, anytime I have ever had a concern, the teacher, principal and counselors have dealt with it respectfully and with the best interest of my child at heart. It seems like when I visit, people really like being there. In my opinion, an elementary school has to focus on the whole child, offer excellent academics, clubs, and fun activities. This school does that. It promotes academic excellence, but also a nurturing, warm environment. The counselor, Mrs. Corbin, is exceptional. Our family has moved A LOT and this is one of the best run elementary schools we've seen.

Posted October 14, 2008
My daughter is in 4th and my younger daughter in first. They have always had wonderful teachers and staff! I truly am greatful for the education they receive at PGES!!

Posted May 29, 2007
My daughter attends kindergarten at Pleasant Grove Elementary. She has excelled beyond our expectations. She has the most wonderful teachers and I can't say enough good things about them or her principal (Mr. Reister). We had considered putting our daughter in a private school but after her experience this year she will remain in this wonderful school. Thank you Ms. Crumbacker and Ms. Turlington for a wonderful year!

Posted May 19, 2007
My son is in all day kindergarden at this school, and He has accompolished so much here. He can read small books, loves to do math: adding and subtracting at the age of 5 and 6 that is just awesome. knowing how to tell time, he has had a lot of knowledge in his one year of school. His teachers are very well informed. Thank you Ms. Dugger and Mrs.vinson for a job well done. a very pleased parent

Pleasant Grove Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2007
I think this is a wonderful school. My son came from a very small private school in Jefferson County. I was worried about him adjusting, but the teachers have been great and he is doing very well.

Posted September 17, 2006
There are some great teachers and a counselor at this school. I was glad to see they finally got a assistant principal.I have never felt my children were treated fairly in this school, until this year with the new assistant principal.Parents need to stand up for their children,especially if they have learning disabilities,if your child is Ileap it is all good,but if not they just kinda push you aside and you get whatever they want your child to have.

Posted August 17, 2006
They really need to focus more on ALL the children besides the one who come from well to do families.

Posted August 15, 2006
I am glad to hear that some children are getting the education they deserve at this school. On the other hand I think if you polled all the parents that have had children there you may get a different feeling about it. I am not saying it is the most horrible place to send your child but they do lack in a lot of areas. Have the principal run from you or ignore your phone calls and then you may have a different opinion. I am only speaking from my own personal experience.

Posted January 15, 2006
I totally disagree with any negative reviews that were given for this school. My daughter is in First grade and has ADHD. She came from another school this past year and has learned so much. Her teacher cares so much about how she is doing at school and at home. She was average academically going into the school year, but she is now two grade levels above where she should be at with her reading. The entire school staff has been helpful and very friendly to our family since the move this summer, from the secretary in the office, to the teaching staff, and the Principal is very involved in the school.

Posted April 15, 2005
- a former student
I feel that there were no challenges in this school, and that the kids who did better as students overall were given the most attention from teachers and staff. I also think that whenever there is a conflict that it is very hard to solve your problem without your parent(s). There are some awesome teachers in this school; but overall I very much-so disliked this school.

Pleasant Grove Elementary School
6415 Hwy 44 East, Mount Washington, KY  40047
Last modified Pleasant Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top