Mount Washington, KY

Posted February 17, 2014
Very pleased with the school overall. The teachers seem to be very interactive with the students and my daughter enjoys going to school and learning. Test scores this year were to my understanding the best in Bullitt County and better than the middle schools in Oldham County. I hope to experience the same kind level of leadership and teaching from the Bullet East next year.

Posted October 06, 2013
This school is wonderful. Teachers, staff, & coaches are strict and expect excellence and the kids deliver. They have encouraging banners with the kids' pictures / names on them for sports, activities, and academic achievements. Band, archery, and cheerleading are all nationally recognized programs. There are lots of incentives for the kids to do well, like a special kids' caf curtained off in the cafeteria, dress down days and Friday afternoon assemblies. The principal runs a tight ship and really prepares these kids for high school. My 8th grader is taking algebra. Involved parents, community support and a great reputation all make our kids proud to be Eastside Eagles.

Eastside Middle School 1

Posted May 14, 2013
my daughter has came home with d's on progress reports because the teacher didnt have time to put in grades . also my child went from a different school district to here was an advanced student and they refused to look at her old test scores and her record . ignoring she was an advanced student all year to sending a paper home at the end of the year to put her in advanced math next year . so there is a whole year that went by she was ignored . they also like to pick favorites and since the teachers and everyone is so close it is ignored and they take up for each other . i do like the principle but i think alot is covered up around her

Posted March 25, 2010
This is an awesomely amazing school, and I would highly recommend that you go to this school, if anywhere!!!!

Eastside Middle School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
They have a wonderful staff of teachers that trully care about each and every one of the students.

Eastside Middle School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Eastside has been a school to watch for several years because of their continued academic achievements. The principal is supportive of teachers, parents and students. Test scores are high because Mrs. Bonita Franklin and her staff convey an attitude of academic excellence in all students,and hold them in the highest esteem. She also has the support of students and parents, because of her caring nature for individuals. Students are encouraged to excel, especially in their area of strength. All students, regardless of ability are held accountable by the principal and staff. Community service is encouraged and students are recognized for their work. I believe this school can be compared to any school as one that exhubes an overall attitude of greatness. Even though we are a small county with many low income families, Eastside has shown greatness can be accomplished

Posted September 16, 2009
I am blessed enough to be an Instructional Asst. at Eastside. I witness daily a staff and group of teachers who work together to meet the needs of every student. While encouraging not only parent involvement as well as community. It truly is the first place I have worked in my life where I am happy to get out of bed every morning, put a smile on my face as I enter the building and know I am going to help a child and make a positive difference in someones day. The cafeteria rocks too! They really do fly high like an eagle at EMS by going above and beyond.

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted October 14, 2008
Eastside is the best!!!! Were a national school to watch!!!!!! I love going there and I actually look forward to school!!! EMS rocks!!

Posted September 05, 2008
Eastside Middle School is one of the best schools I have ever seen. Their expectations are set very for high their students. They have already achieved tremendous success in a relatively short period of time. Their teachers are outstanding and have raised the bar when it comes to excellence in schools. Mrs. Franklin and her staff have exceeded our expectations. We have recently just relocated to Kentucky and feel it is a privilege for our children to Eastside Middle School. Go Eagles!

Eastside Middle School
6925 Highway 44 East, Mount Washington, KY  40047
Last modified Eastside Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastside Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top