Nicholasville, KY

East Jessamine Middle School 2

Posted July 03, 2011
East has only one concern: test scores. I have heard staff members say that a student was a waste of resources because her test scores wouldn't count for the school. Excellent teachers have been let go because they fought for the students. This school has gone downhill under this leadership.

East Jessamine Middle School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
Very impressed to see this school was chosen as one of the 'Ky Schools To Watch' this year. The technology program received several awards and is looked as a model by other schools. An extremely happy parent of 2 children of East Jessamine Middle School !!

Posted February 01, 2010
We moved here over the summer from a small community where the school my daughter attended was a excellent school and was afraid not knowing the area wouldn't find a good school. I am so pleased with EJMS and the staff for the concern for the students. It was a little tough because of them building a new school and not having open house before the year started but in the long run it was okay anyways. We hope to stay in Nicholasville when our lease is up cause the school is excellent and would recommend it to anyone!

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted October 08, 2008

East Jessamine Middle School 0

Posted September 12, 2008
EJMS has come a very long way! The new and much improved principal is so wonderful, her approach with the children and parents is very 'open door' at all times and she is genuinely concerned and involved with each family that comes to her about anything. The teachers and other leaders in the school are committed to the children in such a positive way and truley all the fears I once had about my child being at East have been subsided. It is a great school and my child loves it. Don't be afraid of public schools, there are wonderful people there that care so much. A very thankful EJMS mom.

Posted August 27, 2008
It is surprising to me to see a posting from Aug. 2008 next to one from 2005. I am also surpised by the lack of ' praise ' EJMS has gotten for the changes and growth it has made. The Pricipal, staff, teachers & students are all to be commended. They have excelled in all aspects. Expectations are higher and expected for both teacher and student and are achieved. Communications between teacher and parent are easily managed. Disipline is maintained and safety is first. I am very pleased to have my children attend EJMS. I feel that whether they are in class, at an away basketball game or academic team meeting , my children have the best teachers, advisors, coaches and staff looking out for them. ~A Very Happy EJMS Mom

East Jessamine Middle School 4

Posted August 26, 2008
The principal is doing a good job communicating with parents and encouraging parent participation at the school. The PTO is sponsoring events almost monthly for the sstudents and sometimes families. The teachers are doing a good job and test scores are improving to almost passing level on some goals. Unfortunately NLCB and the news agencies mention only Pass/Fail. Morale and community image are improving.

East Jessamine Middle School 4

Posted August 19, 2008
After 6 years in the private sector, we moved our son to the public school system in January to attend EJMS. Our experience has exceeded what we had expected. The administration and teachers both have been very supportive and communicative in keeping us abreast of our child's progress. There are excellent teachers at this school who truly care about bringing the best out of students and making them think 'out of the box.' My son is smiling again and having 'fun' and learning at the same time. This is what education is really about 'mentoring.'. He is in excell classes and is taking pre-engineering as an elective in 7th grade. I would like to see more extra curricular activites such as a middle school baseball team and golf team at this level. The new principle is committed to making this school perform at its highest level. Overall we've had a positive

Posted August 05, 2008

East Jessamine Middle School
901 Union Mill Road, Nicholasville, KY  40356
Last modified East Jessamine Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Jessamine Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top