9-12 & Ungraded
Nicholasville, KY

Posted May 07, 2013
I used to have a child going to this school. Bullying was very bad there, and it seem like the staff didn't know what to do. Since I had a job in NJ, I brought her here, where NJ has the most strict Anti-bullying laws in the nation. I was told that she was a bad seed by the principal and assistant pricipal. In NJ, she's doing great! So I feel due to bad management in that school, she didn't stand a chance to succed.

Posted April 13, 2012
This school rides on the strength of its students. There is really bad administration, no teacher accountability, poor communication, no desire to work with parents, limited choices for students because of a five period day that they have to fill with required classes, etc. The strength of the school is the student population. Lots of good and smart kids go there. They encourage each other to do well despite what little learning happens in too many of the classrooms.

Posted August 28, 2009

Posted May 29, 2009

West Jessamine High School 4

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted July 17, 2008
great school and amazing teachers. everyone wwho graduates is ready for college and the world. students who dont attend well you missed out

Posted February 01, 2008
I am a West Jessamine alumnus. When I graduated I had no grammar skills, and an otherwise less than average education. I took all offered AP classes and high level classes. However, remedial scholastic skills were something I had to learn on my own to survive in college. Move, or send your kid to private school. A new auditorium doesn't mean your kids can read better.

Posted March 09, 2007
I am currently a senior at West High and I absolutely love it! I've attended West since my freshman year and have very few complaints in all. It is a great school that has many things to offer. In the past four years I have been a part of the FCA, BETA, Honor Society, Key clubs as well as Student Senate and the greatest student section ever, the COLT CRAZIES! West has challenged me academically and I am confident that come next year in college I'll be ready. The teachers here care about their student and ultimately want them to succeed, and that shows every day in the classroom. I love West and will miss it dearly, definitely a great high school!!

West Jessamine High School 2

Posted July 06, 2006
I am a junior at West High. teachers do not teach, they just give out

Posted December 30, 2005
I am currently a student at West. I have gone to schools in Jessamine county since I moved here and have always loved it. West is unlike any other school I've been to. If I was a parent, I would consider it the dream school for my child to go to. My favorite thing about my school is the music program. We have some of the best teachers in our state at our school. My choir director is amazing. We have over 10 people in our choir going to all-state this year, 3 of which are sophomores. Not only is there great music, but there are other great extracurricular activities. We have all the clubs you could want and more, as well as a good sports line up. Our sports teams are continually some of the best in the state. The teachers are amazing and God is alive at West.

West Jessamine High School
2101 Wilmore Rd, Nicholasville, KY  40356
Last modified West Jessamine High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Jessamine High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top