Bad
Good

I have a freshmana and a junior at this school. Both are doing very well. My son works at jctc and my daughter is on the dance team. The school has good culture, staff, communication with parents, and great teachers! We came from fayette county and are very pleased.

I used to have a child going to this school. Bullying was very bad there, and it seem like the staff didn't know what to do. Since I had a job in NJ, I brought her here, where NJ has the most strict Anti-bullying laws in the nation. I was told that she was a bad seed by the principal and assistant pricipal. In NJ, she's doing great! So I feel due to bad management in that school, she didn't stand a chance to succed.

This school rides on the strength of its students. There is really bad administration, no teacher accountability, poor communication, no desire to work with parents, limited choices for students because of a five period day that they have to fill with required classes, etc. The strength of the school is the student population. Lots of good and smart kids go there. They encourage each other to do well despite what little learning happens in too many of the classrooms.

great school and amazing teachers. everyone wwho graduates is ready for college and the world. students who dont attend well you missed out

I am a West Jessamine alumnus. When I graduated I had no grammar skills, and an otherwise less than average education. I took all offered AP classes and high level classes. However, remedial scholastic skills were something I had to learn on my own to survive in college. Move, or send your kid to private school. A new auditorium doesn't mean your kids can read better.

I am currently a senior at West High and I absolutely love it! I've attended West since my freshman year and have very few complaints in all. It is a great school that has many things to offer. In the past four years I have been a part of the FCA, BETA, Honor Society, Key clubs as well as Student Senate and the greatest student section ever, the COLT CRAZIES! West has challenged me academically and I am confident that come next year in college I'll be ready. The teachers here care about their student and ultimately want them to succeed, and that shows every day in the classroom. I love West and will miss it dearly, definitely a great high school!!

Last modified West Jessamine High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.