9-12 & Ungraded
Nicholasville, KY
Students enrolled: 1,048

East Jessamine High School 2

Posted August 02, 2011
One of my biggest problem with EJHS was that they showed nine rated R movies to my 16 yr old during the first semester. When questioned about it, the school and district offices stated they have a "Opt out" program, in which your child does NOT need a permission slip to see the movie but DOES need a permission slip to leave the class while the movies are being shown. Think what you want about the value of showing that many rated R movies and calling it education, I felt they were being very deceitful in using an "opt out" program instead of a traditional permission slip.

Posted November 05, 2010
I am a sophomore at EJHS. And I can honestly say I love the experience.There are tons of resources and the faculty all care about your education and how your performance. Another thing that makes want to stay at EJHS, is the option to take courses at JCTC. Which is another school in the region, the school provides buses to transport students there. That school has so many electives for any major from agriculture, law, childcare services, medical biology, information technology, engineering, languages, business, and financing. This diversity is allowing me to prepare me for the field I'm interested in, Computer Science. This is a great school, that if you go to it and actually want to have a good future. This school will go beyond to make sure you get there.

East Jessamine High School 1

Posted October 29, 2009

Posted October 29, 2009

East Jessamine High School 1

Posted September 12, 2009
My child has resently moved to EJH from a public school in PA and she is very upset at the conditions. She was in advanxed programs at her old school on a fast track to collage classes, now she is forced to take corses shes already done, at a slower and simplifyed level, simply because of cridit requiremets. The teachers are apathetic and the children have no respect for the facalty and no motivation to work. This School is a Joke.

Posted August 09, 2009
This school saved my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but it's true. I moved schools all through high school and ended up at East for my senior year. My counselor, Mrs. Zabilka was great and helped me get a great scholarship. At my other schools, no one really noticed me. And we have the best principal in the world! My aunt came up from FLorida for my graduation and she told me that she could tell that my principal was special. After we get our diplomas, Mrs. Granada hugs each of us and tells us something individually. Oh, we hug her back. Everyone loves her because she cares about us. All of my teachers also were interested in me. If you want a school where the people there actually are interested in you and helping you be your best, if you are lucky, you will find your way here!

Posted April 06, 2009

Posted April 06, 2009

Posted February 18, 2009
I am currently a Junior at EJHS and I love it, i went to the middle school all three years and have been at east for these last three, i agree that some of the teachers dont try hard enough and that there is to much busy work when we are stuck with Kids that dont try but that doesnt mean that it isnt a good school... we have excellent resources.. we have a library that is full of text books that the students can check out and the atmosphere although rude and pushing to arrogance depending on the day the students usually have a great attitude and are willing to learn.. our principal is awesome and she works to make sure she is involved in our life... over all it is a wonderful school

East Jessamine High School 3

Posted December 13, 2008
East Jessamine High School is a public school. Therfore its for the public. I will agree that the attitude with most is appathetic, rude and mostly untolerable. But, what shool is perfect? It is lacking the proper educational needs to many kids. Yet, even with this kids learn the adaquate information in order to suceed in their daily life. The test scores are getting better every year. Teachers have high demands to meet, that is also no excuse for the students. If a student has a problem, needs help, the teacher will always be there to explain and teach them more. When a student is shown to have a problem with their assignments the teacher will know. East Jessamine has recentky implamented Bell-To-Bell learning. In turn gives kids more information. If the teaches does not follow with such actions it's the teacher at fault. Not, the school.

East Jessamine High School
815 Sulphur Well Rd, Nicholasville, KY  40356
Last modified East Jessamine High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Jessamine High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top