9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 13, 2016
Someone I want to say thanks to is Mr. James Mock the Marching and Concert Band Director ,along with many other classes that he teaches. You taught me so much my freshman year about music and how to be an adult and create good habits and get rid of bad ones like laziness and giving up when something is too hard. Thank you Mr. Mock for all of the effort you put in to teaching me in how to succeed in this world.

Posted March 13, 2016
Teachers and Staff care about my goal to go to college ,and my opinions and feelings.Most of you people who gave east a bad rating couldn't even wright or spell a proper sentence which shows you obviously did not go to east because they teach us how to succeed and make good work habits and most importantly 21 century skills (STEAM)

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
They ignore bullying; they do not have respect for children with disabilities; they do not respect children who are advanced and excelling; they don't follow their own policies.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
The staff doesn't show compassion or caring so how could the students possibly develop these traits?

East Jessamine High School 1

Posted October 26, 2015
This school is disorganized, doesn't follow their own policies but expects the students to; Two of my children have anxiety and the school has no respect for children with disabilities; they actually choose to make it harder for these kids; so my son, who was in advanced classes, is on home bound because he couldn't stand it anymore. My daughter, who is an honor student and graduating early, has been harassed by the staff repeatedly and can barely stand being there for her last two months. They've made in practically intolerable. Aside from one of the counselors, the staff is severely lacking. I have two younger children that I will send to private school because I don't want them to go through the same hell.

East Jessamine High School 2

Posted August 02, 2011
One of my biggest problem with EJHS was that they showed nine rated R movies to my 16 yr old during the first semester. When questioned about it, the school and district offices stated they have a "Opt out" program, in which your child does NOT need a permission slip to see the movie but DOES need a permission slip to leave the class while the movies are being shown. Think what you want about the value of showing that many rated R movies and calling it education, I felt they were being very deceitful in using an "opt out" program instead of a traditional permission slip.

Posted November 05, 2010
I am a sophomore at EJHS. And I can honestly say I love the experience.There are tons of resources and the faculty all care about your education and how your performance. Another thing that makes want to stay at EJHS, is the option to take courses at JCTC. Which is another school in the region, the school provides buses to transport students there. That school has so many electives for any major from agriculture, law, childcare services, medical biology, information technology, engineering, languages, business, and financing. This diversity is allowing me to prepare me for the field I'm interested in, Computer Science. This is a great school, that if you go to it and actually want to have a good future. This school will go beyond to make sure you get there.

East Jessamine High School 1

Posted September 12, 2009
My child has resently moved to EJH from a public school in PA and she is very upset at the conditions. She was in advanxed programs at her old school on a fast track to collage classes, now she is forced to take corses shes already done, at a slower and simplifyed level, simply because of cridit requiremets. The teachers are apathetic and the children have no respect for the facalty and no motivation to work. This School is a Joke.

Posted August 09, 2009
This school saved my life. I know that sounds dramatic, but it's true. I moved schools all through high school and ended up at East for my senior year. My counselor, Mrs. Zabilka was great and helped me get a great scholarship. At my other schools, no one really noticed me. And we have the best principal in the world! My aunt came up from FLorida for my graduation and she told me that she could tell that my principal was special. After we get our diplomas, Mrs. Granada hugs each of us and tells us something individually. Oh, we hug her back. Everyone loves her because she cares about us. All of my teachers also were interested in me. If you want a school where the people there actually are interested in you and helping you be your best, if you are lucky, you will find your way here!

Posted February 18, 2009
I am currently a Junior at EJHS and I love it, i went to the middle school all three years and have been at east for these last three, i agree that some of the teachers dont try hard enough and that there is to much busy work when we are stuck with Kids that dont try but that doesnt mean that it isnt a good school... we have excellent resources.. we have a library that is full of text books that the students can check out and the atmosphere although rude and pushing to arrogance depending on the day the students usually have a great attitude and are willing to learn.. our principal is awesome and she works to make sure she is involved in our life... over all it is a wonderful school

815 Sulphur Well Rd, Nicholasville, KY  40356
Last modified East Jessamine High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.