Posted May 10, 2009
Awesome school with great leadership! Teachers are fantastic!

Posted May 02, 2009
We are finishing our first year at Sutton after moving to Owensboro from another state. When I moved to Owensboro I was so worried about the schools as we came from a city with an outstanding school system. From day one I felt like I walked into the most welcoming place that was so child centered. Mr. Lydanne made us feel like we were home. We knew instantly that he loved and cared for reach child in his school. As we walked down the hall children came up to hug him and he acknowledged the children with a wink, a smile, and a word of encouragement to them. You could tell that his attitude towards the students was contagious as the teachers and other staff modeled the same behavior as well. We are thrilled with Sutton!

Sutton Elementary School 0

Posted December 15, 2008
My niece attened Sutton while she lived with me her kindergarten year. All the teachers are wonderful and know just how far to push them in learning. Mr. Lyddane is a wonderful princpal he's so caring and concerned about everyone. He's like a kid himself.

Posted September 04, 2008
My son started Kindergarten at Sutton this year and we LOVE the school. His teacher is great and all the faculty and staff are helpful and friendly. I feel safe with my son at Sutton and know he is getting a good education. He had already learned so much just in the first few weeks.

Posted May 08, 2007
Sutton is a school with a loving, family feel, where teachers and staff provide the children with a safe, encouraging environment. Academically, they encourage each child to stretch themselves to reach their highest potential. The teachers routinely receive training in the current trends in education and apply the newest techniques. The principal keeps abreast of the available technology and an active PTO helps purchase the programs that will keep the children at the forfront of learning.

Posted August 02, 2006
My son just started third grade today, and has been at Sutton since kindergarten. Everyone, including faculty, staff, the lunchroom ladies and custodians are extremely friendly and helpful. Most know the children and their families on a first name basis (this is very comforting). James Lyddane, Sutton Principal, is outstanding, and the kids love him. He is always available and very active. He can even be seen working at a cross-walk near the school campus after school is dismissed. Mr Lyddane also keeps parents posted with all school activities and news in his weekly email. Parent involvement at Sutton is encouraged. This a wonderful place for kids to learn and grow.

Sutton Elementary School
2060 Lewis Ln, Owensboro, KY  42301
Last modified Sutton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sutton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top