Owensboro, KY

Posted March 24, 2014
This school is the best around! it has bettered me in life. It prepared me for my life in college and after college. The sports are amazing and the teachers really care! Why wouldn't you want to go here? I originally started at Davies County. It was nothing compared to Catholic! GO ACES! I would recommend my school to anybody! The only bad thing about it is it tends to be on the pricier side. But you can go to a priest and they will pay part of your tuition. I also know a few people who fund-raised to get there. You don't have to be rich, just wiling to learn and participate in extracurriculars. If you dont do the extracurricular then its a waste. Myself did football, baseball, academic team, FCA, and KYA. Also theres a limited amount of kids here, so you can easily make new friends and if you already live in Owensboro then I'm sure you already have friends there. It's one big happy family! hope you come!

Owensboro Catholic High School 1

Posted January 19, 2011
i dont like this school very much at all. i am praying that my parents will let me go somewhere else. the students are stuck up and alot of the teachers are unhelpful. it seems like if you dont play sports you are thought of as differently. i would not reccomend this school to anyone.

Posted October 11, 2009
It is the best school around! I am a student and i really love it there i would gladly recommend it to anyone, even if you are not Catholic.

Owensboro Catholic High School 0

Posted May 22, 2008
Owensboro Catholic High is the best school for our children. The staff is excellant in caring and teaching. They definitely go way above and beyond! We have had a daughter graduate with honors and definiely was prepared for College. Our son is now here, and he loves the faculty and the atheletics are top level, in coaching and giving of themselves. The one thing I love about a catholic school is they get religon and learn to be the best christians possible as they grow to be independent and get prepared for the real world .Catholic High considers each student as an individual and not a number. Smaller number of students and definitely a small family, from students to parents and faculty. I feel good every single day our child attends Catholic High. We are blessed to have a wonderful school in Owensboro as Catholic High! Acedemics/Atheletics/Clubs, fantastic caring staff.

Posted December 18, 2007
Catholic High is awesome and the extracurricular activities are the best!

Owensboro Catholic High School 4

Posted June 28, 2007
As I have witnessed my children move through the OCS system I am certain, that our family has choosen the right path for our childrens education. Ralph Waldo Emerson stated, 'The secret in education lies in respecting the student.' At OCS the students are treated with respect, as people, as our greatest assest, our future! Thank you OCS Family, keep up the good work.. John Brett

Owensboro Catholic High School 3

Posted December 19, 2005

Posted October 13, 2005
- a former student
OCHS is a great family. Though I graduated in 2002, I am still friends with the majority of the teachers. They always went above & beyond the call of duty when it came to helping after hours or with extracurriculars. One teacher even helped me over the summer in a math class I took. OCHS understands what it means to be a family. Their academic programs are strong - evident from the ACT scores. They have an effective discipline system based in Catholic values. Extracurriculars are in abundance. The parents are very involved, coming to masses, volunteering when needed, etc. If it weren't for OCHS, I would need be as successful as I am in college. They truly understand & care, even now when I have been away from OCHS for almost 4 years.

Owensboro Catholic High School 1

Posted May 16, 2005
- a former student
What you accomplish in that school depends on how much money your family has or what kind of sports you can play. The students there are cruel and the teachers are for the most part unhelpful when it comes to the welfare of their students. I was once a student at that school and I am proud to say that I was not a graduate. However, I do agree that Mrs. Howard, Mr. Lowe, and Mr. Fritz are awsome and helpful people. Without thier help, I would not have made it through as much as I have.

Owensboro Catholic High School 0

Posted April 12, 2005
i would like to give a big thank you to Mrs. Howard and Mrs.Pace for all the help they gave my nephew while he was in crisis. my nephew attends daviess county high well to make a long story short he was put in inhouse crisis for being in trouble..I needed some help in his latin course and could not recieve any help from daviess county but these two ladies came to his rescue and help him and I with his Latin Once again thank you two for so much I just wish my nephew could attend this school the teachers really care once again thank you. Steve Bair

Owensboro Catholic High School
1524 West Parrish Avenue, Owensboro, KY  42301
Last modified Owensboro Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Owensboro Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top