Owensboro, KY

Posted October 01, 2012
HES is a wonderful school. I have a 5th grader and a Kindergarten student that LOVE going to school every day. Teachers are loving, caring, and want the best for the students. Great communication between the school and home. We have a new Principal and Vice Principal who are doing a great job and are very friendly and out going. Both of my children are challenged and want to do their very best work.

Highland Elementary School 3

Posted May 13, 2011
I agree that this school is very $$ hungry! My kids transferred in from Audubon Elementary. According the AES they were doing great! They were exceeding all expectations. HES didn't see it the same and told me kids needed to be held back. I've saw many students held back and it seems high CATS test grades are what they are looking for. It is a good school overall but be warned that do try to push for the $$ and I often feel that that is their ultimate goal - to make good students so they can bring in more $. ((while on the subject of $, there are fundraisers all the time...some of the fundraiser rewards aren't very fair - if your student has the money and can bring in lots you get rewarded while the other children that don't have as much money to donate get stuck watching the rich kids play. ))

Posted May 25, 2010
This school is better than excellent. My son attended K&1st grade there before we relocated to Virginia. Here we are paying 11k a year in private school tution and the school still can't compare to Highland. My son misses the caring teachers and friendly environment so much that we are moving back so that he can start 3rd grade at the "best school ever" as HE calls it! There is a reason Highland is graded a perfect 10, because it IS that good!

Highland Elementary School 4

Posted March 17, 2010

Posted March 16, 2010
The school is awesome. The best (well most of them, anyway) teachers in Daviess County teach here.

Highland Elementary School 0

Posted January 02, 2010
It amazes me how this school is the Blue Ribbon School in Owensboro! My opinion of this school is that they care only about the $ made off of each body that walks through their front door and not about the education success and development of our children! If possible my kids will be in a different school come Fall 2010!!

Highland Elementary School 0

Posted December 21, 2009
It is amazing that the school does so well. The principal is a tyrant and the staff is powerless to do anything about it. She is close to retirement, so we will just keep our fingers crossed that she goes soon.

Posted June 12, 2009
I can't say enough good about HES! My oldest child has gone on to middle school now but was extremely successful in his years at Highland. My youngest is in 4th Grade and is constantly challenged! He is a very bright little boy with a tendency to bore easily. He is able to work at a higher ability level to avoid that! Staff goes above and beyond on a daily basis!

Posted June 12, 2009

Posted September 09, 2008
Highland is a wonderful school that keeps the students as well as parents involved. My kids love going to Highland, and I feel very secure in knowing that they are getting a quality education.

Highland Elementary School
2909 Kentucky 54, Owensboro, KY  42303
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top