Bad
Good

Hendron LoneOak Ele. Is by far the best choice I made for my 6 year old- It feels Welcoming and like a family- They encourage parent participation in every way and you can tell the Staff really work together in a positive way. I feel comfortable having my child there 8 hours a day and know they are doing their best to provide the best education in a safe environment- 8 years ago when I had the chance to choose any school in the district- my first instinct was HLOE but I chose another and regret it now- But my 2nd and 3rd child will be attending HLOE and I know they will be in the best school in the Paducah Area!

four stars for teachers quality 5 stars for principal leadership four stars for parent involvement

We relocated to Western KY last year, and my children now attend HLOE. We love it. The staff really went out of their way to help our children adjust to a new school. We are so impressed with the staff''s high standards & expectations for the kids, yet the lovingly nuture each child also. Bravo!

The school is dedicated to the success of each child. They treat each child as an individual and the staff is very respectful, and encouraging. Each morning the children are greeted at the door by their name and by cheerful staff. The parents are very involved. The principle (mr 'b') leads by example.

Hendron Lone Oak was my daughters' first school and now my grandchildren are carring the banner. I have one grandson in HLO and his brother is now in LOM and they have a sister fixing to start HLO. HLO is a wonderful school and the staff and teachers are the best. You will no find another school that shows so much concern about the students and Family as HLO. It is the BEST

My Son attended HLOE from PreK through 5th. Overall, could be worse. GT classes are only offered to certain children, not based on ability in my opinion. My Son is in the Duke TIP (note: they did not refer him) but still he could not access GT classes. Paducah City schools have better clubs/activities. Parents must be proactive no matter where you live. If you don't advocate and oversee your child's education, no one will. HLOE included. We were glad to be out of there, but LOMS is worse. I don't think any schools are there for kids anymore. They are businesses. Only the affluent parents seem to be active. I never got the impression that they cared about my concerns/views as a low-income single parent. Summary: Could be much better, could be worse.

My daughters both went to HLO. I found that school to be the best in the area. Before we moved to Paducah, I 'school shopped' and chose HLO over any other school. The teachers were excellent and provided my children with the foundation necessary to be successful in their further educational challenges. There are many programs available at HLO to support students with and with out disabilities. HLO is now overcrowded due to the number of parents 'electing' to bring their child(ren) to this school from other districts.

Last modified Hendron Lone Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.