9-12 & Ungraded
Paducah, KY

Posted August 16, 2014
Underrated. In the Paducah area when you hear Tilghman it's automatically associated with racism but the students rise above it. I moved from the McCracken Co. School District because I heard of Tilghman's amazing honors program but I was greeted by so much more. When they say "Tilghman Pride" it is no joke. You walk through the halls that have a 100 year history and it runs through you. There's a bond between the students like no where else. If you want your child to be in the most diverse group of students with the closest bond, take them to Tilghman. When I graduated it was like I was a part of a legacy, you won't get that feeling anywhere else in Paducah. So before you ride it off because "McCracken is higher scoring" look closer, Tilghman has the highest scores in the area, but we also have the lowest so it brings down our average. If your child has a willingness to learn, this is the place for them. It has rigorous academics, sports teams with a bond beyond the game(not to mention multiple state titles), an award winning arts program, and students that aren't only peers, but FAMILY.

Paducah Tilghman High School 2

Posted May 20, 2014
If your child takes honors level classes, then this is a great school for him/her. If not, you might want to seek an education somewhere else.

Posted August 18, 2013
Paducah Tighman is one of three oldest accredited schools in the state. I love the fact that my children go to a real world school - the will be ready for college, the workforce, for life thanks to PTHS. It is diverse in race and economic status. The richest families in town choose to send their kids to PTHS along with some of our poorest. What's great - they enjoy friendships and respect. There are racists or just small minds around us who prefer the less diverse county school, but I don't want my child to only go to class with white kids, or in a school with 3000. My sons teachers know their names, their grades, and more. PTHS is preparing them for life.

Paducah Tilghman High School 0

Posted October 16, 2009
I'm a senior at Paducah Tilghman High School and I testify that there is no other school in Paducah that I would rather be at. We're not perfect, but I love this school all the more for that reason. People look down upon us sometimes for the diverse culture we have, but that's what makes us as students who we are. From not only my education at Tilghman, but also the social aspect I've experienced, I feel that I'm completely ready for college. My older sister claimed that her senior year at Tilghman was harder than her freshman year at the University of Kentucky. Here, you learn how to study properly, interact with people from ALL backgrounds, and handle all things with maturity. The teachers are the best around and completely challenge you. Best of all, the tradition in Tilghman is unmatched. Tilghman is the absolute best in Paducah.

Posted July 02, 2008
I'm about to be a Junior in high school at Tilghman, and I'm very excited. I have had nothing but good experiences at this school! The teachers really do care about whether or not the students do well. I highly recommend sending your children to Tilghman. It has a great atmosphere

Posted December 26, 2007

Paducah Tilghman High School 4

Posted September 21, 2007

Paducah Tilghman High School 4

Posted June 26, 2004
PTHS is a great school. It is very diverse and there are many opportunities for all students if they want to take a hold of it. My only concern with this school is the politics that is played between the administration and the community. At PTHS the wealthiest families in Paducah live in the city and their children attend PTHS. These parents are often very influential with the administration and things can get very interesting. Besides the politicial decisions and the fact that I do not always think that the administration is looking at student achievement it is a great school.

Paducah Tilghman High School
2400 Washington St, Paducah, KY  42003
Last modified Paducah Tilghman High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paducah Tilghman High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top