No rating

Community Christian Academy K-12

Private | K-12

Living in Paducah

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $117,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $559.

Posted June 13, 2014

We have been involved at CCA going on 13 years. Our oldest child will be a Senior this year. The school has provided her with an outstanding academic education as well as opportunities in athletics that she might not have had at other schools. If you are looking for a quality education in a safe, Christian environment. CCA is your school!

Posted January 13, 2012

We just moved to CCA from a public school and we are loving it!!! It is very nice to have the girls challenged in class and not just "teaching to the standardized testing". I cant express my appreciation for the "kind culture" you experience as a member of the CCA family. If you are wanting to have close relationship with your child, teachers, administration and other parents, then getting involved at CCA will provide. There are many volunteer opportunities at CCA which allows you the opportunity to see your child with his/her peers. It has been a true blessing for us. We did not expect perfection and we are so pleased with the overall experience. It is also interesting to note, the recent year graduates are scoring very well on the ACT and are receiving amazing scholarship opporunties. Please make your own opinion about the school and call for information if you are wanting a kind and nuturing environment for your child on a daily basis.

Posted August 13, 2011

CCA has superb Principals, dedicated faculty and committed staff. It is the one school in McCracken County dedicated to a thoroughly Biblical worldview. CCA has produced outstanding graduates in many fields.

Posted March 17, 2011

The best school is Paducah, KY! I loved it and if I live in Paducah when I have my children they will go to CCA

Posted September 13, 2008

I attended CCA for 4 years and absolutely loved it. It isn't perfect, no school is, even a Christian one. But it was definitely better than Christian schools I had attended previously. It does teach from secular texts, but the teachers always give a Christian view. Most Christian textbooks I have used in other schools were outdated and incomplete in an effort to make the text Christian. Instead CCA teaches the whole story and explains what the Bible has to say about things. The staff is generally loving and takes a real interest in student's lives. I thank God that I attended CCA for four years.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 22, 2008

Student's are snotty, cruel,and menacing to those who are not up to their standards of money and friends, and the staff does nothing to the students whose parents donate the most or have gone their the longest. The staff pick favoriates and it is to the point of effecting grades.

Posted March 13, 2008

My child went to this school beginning in second grade . We kept him there for 4 years. He never did feel accepted. Some of the parents are leary of a child that comes into this school from having started some where else. They tend to support some students more than others. My child is in a great public school now and doing fine. CCA wasn't for us but they do read the bible everyday and that is something in a public school you don't see.

Posted January 30, 2008

My family has been affliated with CCA for over 12 years. We have graudated one who is off to college with two others still in high school. I will echo that CCA is not perfect, no instituion is, even a home school setting. Yet, the last few years has seen some change and transistion which is helping the school come back to its roots of a 'Christ' centered education. I wish that all the texts could be centered around the Bible but that is not practical as we attemtp to receive a 'well rounded' education. The emphasis is to provide a Biblical view in all classes. I do feel that the majority of the teachers have a deep committement to the students' education and well being. The school is the best bang for your buck with only 75% of the cost of education being provided through tuition.

Posted October 1, 2007

My son is in his second year at the elementary. He is doing so much better than in public preschool and kindegarten. The teachers and staff are caring, compassionate, and Christian. It is expensive but worth it.

Posted July 17, 2007

Paducah needs another option for a Christian school.

Posted June 12, 2007

I have three boys that have gone to CCA. One graduated and two still in high school. There is no doubt in my mind that they were all better off going to CCA rather than a public school. Although the school has it's faults and is not perfect. All things considered they have gotten a better education w/smaller classes, better parent involvement, less worry about outside influences brought into campus (drugs, alcohol, sex, language, weapons), and a family atmosphere you don't normally find at a public school. Even though the student body is made up of several denominations, the Bible is taught at CCA everyday. No public school can say that. As a Christian that is important to me to know my boys are at least opening their bible everyday of school. The teaching that counts is then up to Christ.

Posted May 29, 2007

I'm disappointed that Jesus is not the central focus of the school in the hearts of the teachers, administrators, and students. CCAs tuition is also outrageously expensive. They nickel and dime you to death with misc 'fees.' The elementary school is fine, but I have real problems with the MS and HS. It's unfortunate that at a supposedly Christian school that Jesus is not first. I also have problems with a Christian school using secular textbooks.

Posted April 16, 2007

I went to CCA my freshman year, and it was by far, the worst school experience I have ever had. The students are cruel and punitive, and the administration has a few darlings on which they lavish attention, ignoring the rest for the most part. -Julia Marshall
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 26, 2006

I went to CCA and I loved it! I had a wonderful experience there and would not trade it for anything!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 14, 2006

i went to cca and at first i liked it but then it just got ridiculous i will say cca is much safer than public schools but the satff and the principle clearly play favorites
—Submitted by a student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3230 Buckner Lane