9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I'm a current Senior at Notre Dame and I would not exchange my 4 years there for anything. I came from a public grade school and was worried that it would be difficult to make new friends but I could not have been more wrong. There isn't really an issue with cliques or social status and with a class of less than 170 girls, we've all grown to be pretty close over the years. As far as academics go, Notre Dame does an excellent job of preparing its girls for college. The teachers encourage us to achieve all that we can and are more than willing to help their students should we happen to fall behind. I have gained countless valuable skills here that will help me excel long after I graduate. One of the things I love most about this school is that each student is viewed as an individual. The administration takes the time to get to know each student and what is going on in their lives. My mother graduated from Notre Dame over 25 years ago and those members of the administration who remain from her time at NDA still remember her and will greet her by name when she comes in for school events. Its a truly incredible feeling to know that every student, past and present, really does matter.

As a recent graduate, and now college student, I can safely say NDA prepared me for college- and far beyond. Without the loving, yet disciplined, feel of Notre Dame Academy- I am not sure if I would be the person I am today. I have made great business connections, great grades, and great friends through the NDA community and look forward to sending my daughter to this school. I truly believe the school gives every girl the power behind their voice- each earn it in their own way.

I have been dissapointed overall. The girls are very clicky & harsh and it effects the learning enviroment. Education is good but not excellent. Dicipline is harsh or weak depending on who you are. Hard economic times have hurt the school, the school is afraid to kick out bad kids due to needing the dollars. Donations from parents cloud the decision process for the girls when forming the sports teams and extra curricular teams. The athletic department needs a complete overhaul and it is poorly ran. The drama department puts on good plays. The schools student ratio is 33 to 1 due to cut backs, the athletic facility is weak, school lunches are pricey, it's a nighmare getting out of the school parking lot in the after noon, allow an extra 20 minutes per day. Campus is pretty.

I would never send my child to this school. The girls are not welcoming and are very judgmental. The education is decent, but they don't offer too many dual-credit classes to prep my child for college. There are too many better public high schools in the area for me to waste my money by sending my child to this excuse for a great school.

This is a wonderful school. The atmosphere is unlike anything else you will ever see. I highly recommend it. I love being here! Pandas are so much fun... I can't imagine a better high school.

Last modified Notre Dame Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12