Prospect, KY

Posted March 23, 2015
I have a child who recently graduated from Saint Mary Academy and one currently attending. I can say my high school student was well prepared thanks to SMA. Academically, organizational skills, socially, discipline - the whole package. Yes, middle school is strict and it should be - the teachers should be respected, homework is expected to be done and the academic standards are high. Call me old fashioned but that is what I want for my child! Yet they manage to foster a loving environment caring about each child's gifts. Faith is important and it is fostered throughout the school. I have high expectations for my child's school and am very happy with SMA!

Posted March 08, 2015
Our family has been a part of Saint Mary Academy for four years now and we couldn't be happier with our decision. The teachers and staff have been wonderful; I am blown away at the amount of learning we've witnessed so far. My child is able to grow in Faith and has the support of his family, school and community around him. For parents, there are many opportunities to get involved in the school and church as well. We are truly blessed to be a part of the SMA community!

Posted January 15, 2015
I have been with the school since the beginning. Sure we have had growing pains. Sure there have bumps in the road. However, one thing has been constant...a commitment to become better. I have had positive experiences every year. The children are challenged. This year's staff is fantastic. Can't say enough positive.

Posted November 05, 2014
The middle school teachers picks favorites. They spend all their money on Ipads which they don't even use any more. This school started getting worse when the principal changed the rules. Now it seems like a military school. A military school would be cheaper than this school. All the students know they are having trouble but the teachers wont help them. So, parents pull them out. But I would say all the preschoolers are having fun. yes the teachers can be a little stitch but they are all having fun. Only if middle school was the same way.

Posted September 04, 2014
SMA was a wonderful school under the direction of the previous Principal. Since the current principal has come out of retirement for the 3rd time, things have gone down hill dramatically. Classes are overcrowded for a private school. The teachers are cold, unmotivated and lack the skill set to understand how kids learn today. If a child struggles in any one area, be prepared to shell out substantially more money for a tutor. You won't get any extra assistance here.

Posted June 10, 2014
The elementary school is great. But the middle school is not at all. The principal plays favorites and bullys some of the students. The power has gone to her head. We need to bring back the old principal she focused on making the whole school better. Not a a good principal at all

Saint Mary Academy 3

Posted April 26, 2013
This school has soooo much potential. Building a strong community one step at a time. Being a regional school it is definitely going through growing pains. It needs leadership, unity, "positive" parental support and smaller classes. 1ST GRADE has 30 kids. Stay tuned...

Posted January 27, 2013
Great school despite leadership changes. Team based teaching has led to more personalized instruction. Some things could change, but where is a perfect school?

Saint Mary Academy 2

Posted June 24, 2012
The elementry school is amazing. However, when in middle school the teachers have obvious favorites, they have poor comunication skills, and don't care if the students fail. luckily they are moving teachers around.

Posted September 09, 2009
Brand new school campus opened for the 2009-2010 school year with 507 students. Best principal in the region. Just a wonderful new campus, teachers and staff. One of the top catholic schools in Louisville.

Saint Mary Academy