No rating

Campbell Elementary School

Public | PK-3

Posted April 29, 2014

My son has been going to Raceland since kindergarten and is now in the 7th grade. I would not send him to any other school district. That is why my six year old now attends Campbell herself. I have to drive my children to school every day but it is worth it! Raceland is the best school district!

Posted July 14, 2010

My son has attended this school system since he was in Pre-K. He is now entering 3rd grade. I love the education that he's getting here. They do keep the front doors locked, which I'm glad of. However, this school's extra curricular programs are extremely one sided. My son is very sports oriented and unless you know somebody in this school, you will NOT get a good coaching experience!!!! And every sport we have been involved in has been VERY unorganized so far.

Posted April 28, 2005

I myself have never witnessed any kind of SAFTY PHOBIA. Yes, safty is high on the list at our school, but I have never felt as if I have had to hassel the teachers to get to know them. I always thought that open house was for getting to know the teachers and staff, but what do I know I am just a house wife. Campbell Element's academic programs and extracurricular activities is what our family was looking for. I dive past two other grade schools in my county just to get to Campbell. 64 miles a day for my children education. We have a high level of parent involvement and it realy shows at our shool. I expect a second to non education for my children at campbell.

Posted July 23, 2004

I personally think this is a great school system. I don't know who the other parent in this review is but, I met my childs teacher the first day. I also volunteer at the school and they absolutely thrive on parental involvement. At the beginning of the year you can sign up for volunteer jobs, such as... homeroom mother, popcorn on fridays Easter and Christmas parties , field trips and just about anything else you want to help with. I'm also very glad that people have a hard time getting in the door, that means they are thinking safety for my child.

Posted August 19, 2003

My child has attended this school for a couple of years. We adore our child but question a school who seems to have a genuine phobia of parental involvement. You send your child to a school for approximately eight hours a day and hope he is being looked after and educated. The first day of school parents aren't even allowed to meet their childs teacher. I realize safety is a top concern of course but it would make parents feel so much better to see the person their child will be spending their day with. If you challege this at all you are labeled a difficult parent. The teachers for the most part are really good and seem to care about the children and their education. But be hereby forewarned don't expect to get in the doors without a hassel.

Math

The state average for Math was 44% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

Reading

The state average for Reading was 48% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

Scale: % proficient or distinguished

Beginning in the 2011-12 school year, and continuing in 2012-2013, Kentucky used the Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress (K-PREP) tests to assess students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and mathematics, 4 and 7 in science, 5 and 8 in social studies, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 11 in writing, and 4, 6, and 10 in language mechanics. The K-PREP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Kentucky.

All Students48%

Economically disadvantaged52%
Students with disabilitiesn/a
English language learnersn/a

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 76% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 71% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 60% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 60% in 2011.

Scale: % proficient or distinguished

Until 2010-2011, Kentucky used the Kentucky Core Content Tests (KCCT) to assess students in grades 3 through 8 and 10 through 12 in reading, social studies, science, writing, and math. The Elementary School results displayed on GreatSchools profiles are for grades 3 through 5 combined for each subject. Middle School results are for grades 6 though 8 combined, and High School results are for grades 10 though 12 combined. The KCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Kentucky. Beginning in 2011-2012, Kentucky switched to the K-PREP and EOC exams.

Source: Kentucky Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 18%N/A54%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

550 Ram Blvd