North Hardin High School

Public | 9-12 & ungraded | 7 students

Posted June 20, 2014

I would give this school no stars if it would let me. One of the worst High Schools I have ever sent my child to. Loss and theft of personal items is high. Principal and Superintendent do not care about students, only the money that they bring to the school. Staff does not care about the students, more interested in pep rallies and extracurricular than actually teaching students. You are taking a risk sending your child to this school.

Posted July 8, 2013

I am currently a student at NHHS and I feel like the education I'm getting could be considerably better than it is. The overall education given could use improvement, and so could the general focus of the school. Based on my experience, I feel as if athleticism is too much of a concern versus the value of a good education. I'm highly disappointed with this school and do not recommend it.

Posted February 4, 2013

Class of '09 here. I enjoyed my time at NHHS, but it could have been a lot better. It's not the school's fault, but more so the district--we didn't get enough money or attention because we weren't JHHS. When I went to college, I found myself woefully under-qualified, or at least under-informed. I feel like I didn't learn very much at NHHS; again, not the teachers' fault, but the school for not allowing us to have better classes. 4 history classes total, and maybe twice as many AP? Seriously? It's pathetic in regards to fostering intelligent growth. We couldn't have a valedictorian, but could have athletic 'heroes' all day. Perhaps that's where the problem lies: focus less on sports, focus more on what schools are actually meant to do, which is teach.

Posted January 20, 2013

As a student of North Hardin i will say that it is a good schools to attend the JROTC program is great and we have one of the best band s in the nation. The teachers care about the students and help them succeed. Over all North Hardin is in my opinion one of the best school around.

Posted September 16, 2012

I attended school there all four of my highschool years. The schoolwork was terribly and mindnumbingly easy. Once I got to college I found that my highschool had not prepared me for any of the work, I wouldn't reccomend sending your child there.

Posted March 24, 2011

This school was the greatest. I was in the class of 08' and almost wish I was back there.

Posted January 11, 2011

My daughter is a sophomore at North Hardin. As we are new to the area, we don't have a lot to compare North Hardin with, but our experience has been good so far. The teachers seem to care about the students beyond the classroom, and the administration has been good with notifying parents about any issues. The Virtual Campus is a wonderful tool for keeping up with your teenager's activities and assignments. The only issue I'm having is with knowing how to get involved as a parent in overall school activities.

Posted August 17, 2009

I am currently attending North Hardin High and I am a freshman, my first year here, the schedule is hectic. You have sophomores coming upstairs and freshman trying to get downstairs.

Posted May 29, 2009

I am a 2006 graduate from North Hardin. The four years I spent at North were great. I met a lot of new people, friends and teachers that I keep in contact with. A lot of people think that North is a bad school, but it's really not. I had a lot of new experiences there. I was in JROTC for three years and went to Washington D.C. every year for Spring Break. It was awesome. When you leave, you want to go back.

Posted January 12, 2009

I am a parent of a Freshman at North Hardin. My son is very happy there and I am happy with the HS experience he's had thus far. My son is in all honors classes except for Social Studies for which there is no honor class. My son is in the Marching Band and in Jr. ROTC. He is having a great time this year and I have found the teachers to be wonderful. They stay in touch with me and are quick to answer all emails and phone calls. I couldn't be happier with the school or the staff at North Hardin. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a quality education for their son or daughter.

Posted January 11, 2009

i am a student at north hardin high school. i think that this is an amazing school if you are willing to learn. we have great teachers. A great staff. And because of our diversity, your child will be able to make friend and fit-in. And also as a member of the marching band and Guard. Your child can also get one of the top musical educations and experiances in the U.S. we are one of the top bands in the country. With award winning directors and staff. And alot of parents wil probably look at the school and judge it by it 'cover', but you got ask the people on the inside students, parents that are involed, and staff to see the true North Hardin. Trust me coming from one parent that hates North and my mother that usd to hate but now she loves it. thank you for listening!!

Posted July 26, 2008

Being outta high school makes u miss and realize a bunch of stuff. Like any ordinary teenager attending school you're always in a rush to get out and graduate. But why? You attend school for 12years thinkin its livin hell but really its not. No one really realizes that until your done with your high school years and enter the 'real' world then its tough! You gotta make the best outta yourself and follow through with your dreams. North Hardin was a good school just over populated; I think if we had less students there might have been less fights and disagreements. Also lay off the stress with portfolios!!

Posted April 25, 2008

north hardin is a great school for anyone to attend i was there for 2 years before i moved here in ohio my older brother n sisters went there n 2 of them graduated from there n the other had to change schools. but we all like it everyone gets along one way or the other and they are all nice people down there. Jessica McCoy former student

Posted September 28, 2007

I am a parent of a NHHS graduate (class of 2005) and a present senior (class '08). I have no complaints about north. This is a great school. Principal Dennison is doing a wonderful job. I hear the comparisons between North and John, and it saddens me. I read the report that came from the CATS testing. The letter made reference to making complaints and so forth. But in the same review it spoke of a rise in the score. I would say no school is perfect, but this school is making every effort towards change and change for the better. The students are wonderful and inspired to greatness. Parents, if you are concerned get involved, just as you did when your child was in elementary school. Just because they are in high school does not mean you should be less involved, I would say a greater involvement is required.

Posted April 16, 2007

I am a 2003 graduate of North Hardin. I think that the teachers...the principal...all the staff are exceptional. I believe that they really listen to you and they love to help you in any situation. I was apart of the JROTC program all 4 years and I loved the program very well. I think that North is a very fine institution. I plan on moving back Radcliff....with my husband from Texas and when our son gets of school age I will be very proud to send him to North. My brother is actually a freshman there right now and he likes it as I had another brother go to North. I believe that North Hardin is a wonderful school. The teachers really taught me a lot when I went there. As, I said earlier North is a wonderful school. I am very glad to be one of its graduates.

Posted December 11, 2006

I am really disapointed in the lack of interest in our students attitude but I think it is all the teachers fault by not getting involved in our students interest!

Posted October 16, 2006

I am a senior in college attending one of the most distinguished engineering schools in the US. North Hardin does indeed support extra curricular actives (sports and band). North Hardin had the potential and staff member that could have made this a great school.

Posted March 21, 2006

I am a student and glad to attend NHHS. Administraion listens to your concerns and usually deals with them promptly. The teachers are great and usually look for student input. The wind symphony will be performing in Carnegie Hall this year and the school, school board, and community has supported the band. The faculty/students/administration supports the sports teams and all extra-curricular activities. If I am getting a good education and have great experiences, I don't care if the school is old, all I have to say is the NH will be getting a 12+ million dollar renovation in the next few years. I am proud to attend North Hardin. Go Trojans!

Posted September 7, 2005

I am a former student at North and I have to say that is can be a lot better. I go to one of the top colleges in Kentucky (Bellarmine University) and must say that North really did not get me prepared at all for college. I see other students taht went to E-town High or Central and they seem like they were well prepared. I think North has some serious work that needs to be done.

Posted April 14, 2005

I am a proud graduate of North Hardin High School. Both of my parents also graduated from this school as well. From the principal, to the counselors right on through the every staff and faculty member there...every single one puts their heart and soul into what they do and want nothing but the best for their students. Those fine people as well as the many oppurtunities and cultural diversity's I got to experience at north hardin prepared me for everything I've been faced with in life. I went on to get my bachelor's and master's degree and credit most of all my success to the beginning this school gave me.

Language Mechanics

The state average for Language Mechanics was 51% in 2013.

392 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 36% in 2013.

391 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or distinguished

Beginning in the 2011-12 school year, and continuing in 2012-2013, Kentucky used the Kentucky Performance Rating for Educational Progress (K-PREP) tests to assess students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and mathematics, 4 and 7 in science, 5 and 8 in social studies, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 11 in writing, and 4, 6, and 10 in language mechanics. The K-PREP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Kentucky.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 62% in 2013.

325 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Mechanics

White55%
Economically disadvantaged48%
Students with disabilities17%

Math

The state average for Math was 46% in 2011.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 41% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 41% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 41% in 2011.

Scale: % proficient or distinguished

Until 2010-2011, Kentucky used the Kentucky Core Content Tests (KCCT) to assess students in grades 3 through 8 and 10 through 12 in reading, social studies, science, writing, and math. The Elementary School results displayed on GreatSchools profiles are for grades 3 through 5 combined for each subject. Middle School results are for grades 6 though 8 combined, and High School results are for grades 10 though 12 combined. The KCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Kentucky. Beginning in 2011-2012, Kentucky switched to the K-PREP and EOC exams.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 36% in 2013.

339 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 36% in 2013.

349 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 56% in 2013.

372 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 51% in 2013.

301 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or distinguished

Beginning in the 2011-12 school year, and continuing in 2012-2013, Kentucky administered the End-of-Course (EOC) assessments. EOCs are tests given to public high school students when they complete a course to assess their knowledge of important course concepts. They are similar to a final exam, except that they are created and scored by an outside testing company, ensuring that the tests are both rigorous and aligned with state and national college readiness standards.

Algebra II

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 47%N/A54%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

801 South Logsdon Parkway