Richmond, KY

Daniel Boone Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2014
We love Daniel Boone! Having come from a private school, where expectations are high, there really is no difference in the education my daughter is receiving. She has had wonderful, caring teachers and I couldn't be happier. My daughter is learning and excelling in her classes.

Daniel Boone Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2012
I have been pleased with my child's education at DB thus far, especially with the hard working teachers. In regard to the parent who said in a review, "the school is constantly asking for donations from parents"---you obviously have no idea how little funds are allocated to schools and teachers nowadays. It is pitiful how much teachers have to pay out of pocket for their students....so to donate a couple of bucks for a field trip for MY kid, yes, I will gladly pay it. This same parent must have never paid for private school either...then had to do a fundraiser EACH month after you hand over a fat tuition check. I agree that the front office staff could use a personality makeover, but I do feel like my child is cared for and educated at DB. This school staff doesn't get enough credit for their hard work. In my book the only major thing it lacks is parent involvement. Unfortunately, many parents think it's up to the schools to raise their kids on top of educating them....maybe if more parents were involved, they would see more of the school and staff and what a good job DB is doing and help DB rather than bash them.

Daniel Boone Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2012
Daniel Boone Elementary leaves this parent looking for a way out. The front office staff are the rudest people I've ever met in my life. The lady that collects money from the kids at lunch/breakfast steals money from the children. The school is constantly asking for donations from the parents, yet at the Christmas play, some TEACHERS used expensive instruments to perform. The school buses are always running late and if you call to find out, you're told, "You'll just have to keep waiting." Completely unorganized, will NOT return your call regarding any situation at school. The librarian claimed my 5 year old daughter did not return a book so she wasn't allowed to check another one out for 3 weeks. Called several times about this and never got a call back, only a paper sent home. Wrote back and told them to check the shelves to see if the book had been put back without properly being checked back in by the librarian, and low and behold, my daughter got to check out a book the very next day. The teachers I have dealt with are nice and helpful. But the rest of the staff are just horribly rude. I'm not sure if you can call watching movies in Art class is very productive, but there ya go

Daniel Boone Elementary School 1

Posted February 15, 2012
in reply to the person that thinks the principal is great I dare to disagree. A good principal does not let his teacher use T.V. all the time as a teaching tool even in music and reading. When the student in the first grade comes home bored watching T.V. and doing the same papers over something is wrong. I would suggest a really good principal would get more involved with what is going on in the classrooms.

Daniel Boone Elementary School 3

Posted March 08, 2010
the front office staff could care less about you or your kids...too bad, because the principal is outstanding

Posted October 08, 2009
Great School, great education for kids.

Posted December 17, 2008
Awesome! the teachers are great and there are many opportunities for students! the faculty and staff genuinely care for their students!

Posted November 19, 2007

Daniel Boone Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2005
My son started Daniel Boone Jan. 05, his teacher has been great to help him fit in with everyone. One thing that I think needs improvement is the comunication with parents. More communication Daniel Boone will make the school even better.

Daniel Boone Elementary School
710 North 2nd St, Richmond, KY  40475
Last modified Daniel Boone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Daniel Boone Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top