Richmond, KY

Kirksville Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2013
My 6 year old daughter started 1st grade at Kirksville this year and she went to kindergarten there last year and we both love this school. The teachers are very caring about their students and they seem to be more than happy to work with your child if there is a problem that needs addressing. I have very good experience out of the school, including the office people, the nurse and the guidance counselor. So far my daughter has made all "A's" with a couple of "B's." So we are getting very good learning results from her teachers. Definitely would recommend this school to anyone who has a young child.

Kirksville Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2012
After five years, I can say that I have experience in this school. Teachers are good, but the front desk lady who has been there since my child started attending this school, is always mean to me, rude with me, and she never looked at me in the eye. I hate to go to pick up me child if sick or visit if any event, because of her!!!

Posted November 10, 2008
My children just started at Kirksville this year and they love it. We came from a private school and I was worried about the kind of education they would get in a public school. But only after 3 1/2 months I am impressed! The Principle, Mrs. Burns is great! She really cares about her students and greatly incourages parent involvement.

Posted January 17, 2008
I think this is a wonderful school. Very clean and from what my child tells me he said the lunches are 'good Mom' so I don't worry if he will be hungry. The teachers that I have delt with are great. The principal is very understanding. Overall this is a great school. I am glad my child attends.

Kirksville Elementary School 4

Posted June 26, 2007
Low parent involvement, but I attribute that to the fact that the school is well run. Eight year old school building still feels new. No glaring problems that would make parents want to pitch in and help.

Posted August 08, 2006
My daughter started in preschool at Kirksville. I was quite nervous, but the teachers were understanding and put us at ease. The preschoolers and kindergarteners have bathrooms in their rooms and have their own playground. I was in the classroom on many occasions and found the kids were well cared for and happy! I would have liked for my daughter to have been challenged more, but in preschool there are three, four and five year olds so the curriculum is pretty basic. Kindergarten should be a lot different.

Posted July 21, 2003
2001-2002 was my step-son's first year at Kirksville. We were very pleased of the way they handled our delicate situation. Their level of security is great, no one can enter without authorization and signing in at the office. Thank you to Mr. Harrison, Ms. Tackett, and the secretary (name forgotten), and Ms. Young. You will all be remembered for your time and understanding.

Kirksville Elementary School
2399 Lancaster Rd, Richmond, KY  40475
Last modified Kirksville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kirksville Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top