Richmond, KY

Posted March 28, 2011
My husband and I checked out several schools in the area and chose St. Mark initially for the warm reception we received when inquiring about the school. Once there we couldn't believe how our daughter flourished. Our son is now in the three year old program and he wakes up excited to go to school. We are Christians so the faith based environment is icing on the cake! We think of our children's education as a lifelong investment that is sure to have a large return. To sum it up.....our children are receiving a GREAT education in a NURTURING and SAFE environment where everyone VALUES and RESPECTS one another. It doesn't get any better than this.

Posted March 22, 2011
My daughter is in 1st grade, her 3rd year at St. Mark. She is excelling so well in her subjects and she is loved and cared for in the school. I love working with all the parents on the PTO and my 3 year will be going to the new 3 year old program in August 2011. My mother-in-law taught at this school for almost 12 years and it is wonderful. I also love that the kids pray in church daily.

Posted January 28, 2011
We recently moved to Richmond and are so happy with the quality of St. Mark School. Our son is in 1st grade, our daughter is in Pre K. The small class size and hands on approach are invaluable. *St. Mark just upgraded the Pre K & K to "ALL DAY" 5 days a week! I am not aware of any other program besides day care in Madison Co that offers a full curriculum all day program that is available to all children! This school also has raised large sums of money to solidify it's future for years to come. Thanks to generous donnors like Harry Connic Jr. & Dolly Parton. The excellent teachers, class size, test scores, and christian learning environment are fantastic and our children have never been happier. This is a Catholic school, however, it is welcoming of children of all faiths to attend. The schoold does an excellent job of weaving christian values into daily life while providing a safe and structured learning evironment. Parents are welcome & encouraged to have an active role. Oh, I also love that I can walk my child to class daily and that gives me an opportunity to check in with the teacher. You owe it to yourself to visit this school.

Posted July 12, 2009
Our daughter has been at St. Marks for two years and is thrilled to be returning for first grade in the fall. We are impressed by the quality of her education by engaged and talented teachers. The school is a safe and caring environment. Everyone on staff knows our daughter by name, and they keep a watchful eye. The occasional scrape gets prompt attention and a hug. If you want the best, this is it.

Posted July 01, 2009
This is a great school with a very loving but disciplined atmosphere. The kids love going there and learn a lot. The teachers are very committed and always on top. The parents are also engaged and that just makes a wonderful atmosphere. My daughter is asking me all summer long to go back to school.

Posted February 28, 2009
We have a girl in full day pre-K and are very satisfied. It is amazing how much she is learning considering I started my schooling with a half day at kindergarten. One disadvantage is the cost. The atmosphere at the school overall is one of safety, caring, and personal attention. This is what we want for our little ones.

St Mark School 3

Posted August 24, 2008

Posted July 09, 2008
I have two children. One graduated from St. Mark the other is currently in 8th grade. Current principal Paul Doty is great principal but so was Sister Benita DeMattais. The person who wrote a bad review claiming the excellent educational quality had disappeared under Sister Benita is probably a parent that didn't get their way. Some families that had money thought THEY ran the school. When Sister Benita told them that wasn't the case, they revolted and pulled their children out. St. Mark has always been a great school and the academic scores prove it. Teachers at the local high school have nothing but praise for the students that graduate from St. Mark and the teachers that molded them. I spent four years on the St. Mark school board as well as volunteering my time for many other programs. It takes people willing to cooperate; not just flash money.

Posted June 09, 2008
New Principal Doty is amazing. My child hated the public school and loves her experience at St. Mark. As a former public school teacher I find the academics and morals based education at St. Mark to be worth far more than the cost of tuition.

St Mark School 4

Posted October 31, 2007
Parent involvement is great at St Mark. Enrollment is way down making them combine some grades. How sad that it has come to that. If enrollment is up then it would be a terrific school.

St Mark School