Scottsville, KY

Allen County Intermediate Center 1

Posted May 18, 2011
This school tries, but does not succeed in many areas. The student to teacher ratio is around 27:1, which, in my opinion, is way too high. Most of the teachers seem to genuinely care about their students. However, they are stretched too thin to be able to focus on the special needs of the many who fall behind. I also wish that they didn't try to use so many new teaching techniques. I hate touch math. AM should not subsitute for instruction. Calculators should not be on a child's school supply list in the fifth grade. Children should know how to reach the answer to a problem with their minds, not their fingers. I was disappointed that things like multiplication tables weren't focused on as much as they should have been. It seems they only prepare for testing, testing, testing. Two stars.

Posted February 08, 2011
My judgement is based on the special education department of this school. The administration is excellent and really seems to genuinely care for my child.

Allen County Intermediate Center 0

Posted April 07, 2010
I have had four children attend this school and have had help every time that I have requested it. We started school in another state and I have been thrilled with the teachers and administration of this school.

Posted February 02, 2010

Allen County Intermediate Center 0

Posted November 04, 2008
Being a parent who's children attend school here I find it very sad when I have repeatedly asked the teachers and the principal for updates on my children's progress and it is the middle of the year and they have yet to send me anything. I have had 2 parent-teacher conferences and I have been to the board. This is a sad exucuse for a school...

Posted October 18, 2008

Allen County Intermediate Center
720 Oliver St, Scottsville, KY  42164
Last modified Allen County Intermediate Center is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen County Intermediate Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top