Bad
Good

I agree 100% with the post from May 2011. The teachers are stretched to thin to be able to educate all students! Also I am all for technology but no books to me is a huge mistake!! You can't refer back to a book because there are not any!! You have to go by the students notes, if the student is not a good note taker well, good luck! If you don't have internet to be able to help the child then what are you to do? There are many less fortunate kids in this community that do not have internet access, so the school says they can go to the public library. If the parent doesn't get home until late the library is closed, or they don't have a vehicle or can't afford gas. What do those students do? They are left behind!! There is little to no one on one, my child has a diagnosis that should be handled differently then your average student and most of the teachers do not have a clue how to teach him!! There are a lot of good teachers there, but communication is not an asset!!

This school tries, but does not succeed in many areas. The student to teacher ratio is around 27:1, which, in my opinion, is way too high. Most of the teachers seem to genuinely care about their students. However, they are stretched too thin to be able to focus on the special needs of the many who fall behind. I also wish that they didn't try to use so many new teaching techniques. I hate touch math. AM should not subsitute for instruction. Calculators should not be on a child's school supply list in the fifth grade. Children should know how to reach the answer to a problem with their minds, not their fingers. I was disappointed that things like multiplication tables weren't focused on as much as they should have been. It seems they only prepare for testing, testing, testing. Two stars.

My judgement is based on the special education department of this school. The administration is excellent and really seems to genuinely care for my child.

I have had four children attend this school and have had help every time that I have requested it. We started school in another state and I have been thrilled with the teachers and administration of this school.

Being a parent who's children attend school here I find it very sad when I have repeatedly asked the teachers and the principal for updates on my children's progress and it is the middle of the year and they have yet to send me anything. I have had 2 parent-teacher conferences and I have been to the board. This is a sad exucuse for a school...

Last modified Allen County Intermediate Center is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.