9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Posted March 31, 2010
Not very willing to work with parents..I have to give it a 1 out of 10 rating

Allen County-Scottsville High School 4

Posted August 18, 2009
As an Alumni, and Parent of a Student I see a lot of positive change in our High School. Mr. Carter has created a new feeling of Partiot Pride, and continues to make strides to improve our School. There is still work to do, both for the Faculty and as Parents. One can not do it without the other. Old School mentality has to make room for new ideas and opportunities without loosing focus of providing the educational experience our children need.

Allen County-Scottsville High School 4

Posted December 17, 2008
I'm a senior at ACSHS and love how it seems everyone is friends with everyone. I love my teachers and can go to them for anything

Allen County-Scottsville High School 5

Posted October 20, 2008
I have had two children to graduate from ACSH and I have a child that I am guardian over that is in the 11th Grade. I graduated from ACSHS in 1971 and I think that this school rates excellent in academics, great guidance counselors, and alot to offer in extracurrucular activities. I am very proud to have graduated from this school. In my family there were 10 children and I was the first to graduate me being the 5th child.

Posted August 19, 2008
I went to ACHS. I liked this school. To me it showed lots of school spirit and the teachers worked hard to show that they cared for each student. The four short years I went I experienced several clubs, sports, and learning envolvment classes open up for those who qualified. To me I received my general education as expected. I didn't once expect it to be as hard as college, which is a personal preference for some who want to go, but to me I think that it prepared me the best it could have. If it was as hard as college, what would have been the point of going to WKU or wherever you choose. I know I didnt personally thank the teachers, but, thank you for all the hard work that you did to teach, not only me, but my classmates.

Posted August 05, 2008
I went to this school. The focus was generally on sports and how well the teams were doing and less on education. Most of the teachers that I had were coaches of some kind or another. I took the same science class over again with the same book because as a transfer student the school refused to acknowledge a class by a different name MIGHT be the same class. I had good teachers some of which seemed to be just as frustrated with the school policy as the parents and students. I hope that the standards have changed as far as what's important. They have many other students who aren't athletes.

Allen County-Scottsville High School 3

Posted July 02, 2007
I went to ACSHS. You can do the bare minimum and get by. When I started college I immediatedly felt overwelmed and underprepared. I made good grades and played sports, so I had a good experience, but acedemic standards, I know now are way too low. I'm the oldest child and I hope things change so my siblings have a better chance at college.

Allen County-Scottsville High School 2

Posted February 15, 2007
I attended high school here and it didn't really prepare me for college. The teachers let the students off easy. When I got to college, it was very different, and it was much more work than at Allen County. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad school, but I think that they focus too much on sports and not the actual education.

Allen County-Scottsville High School 3

Posted April 04, 2006
This school does not have programs to help children who are struggling in math unless your are considered low income. I am the only one in our family thats able to work, my husband is disable. But the school says my child is not able to get the extra help she needs. To me if a parent comes to the school and says my child is struggling in math, the school should help each child to better educate themselves, even with free tutoring afterschool for ANY child no matter who thay are. The math teachers say they only have so much time to go over everything, so if your child doesn't understand it, it is like so be it it's their fought. This school doesn't realize that all children doesn't learn at the same level. Just wish this school could help my child learn the basics in high school math. Thanks

1545 Bowling Green Rd, Scottsville, KY  42164
Last modified Allen County-Scottsville High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.