9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

The caring administrators and teachers at Scott are some of the most dedicated I've seen anywhere. They are humble enough to realize the need for continued improvement as they work toward fulfilling the goals of the CSIP begun, I believe, in 2012. Most of the students tell me that the school is much better now than it was just a few years ago, that with the Principal's "Open Door" policy, they can speak to one of the administrators whenever they need to & know they will be heard and their concerns will be taken into consideration and worked on. As of the spring of 2014, improvements continue in test scores, discipline issues, and overall school culture. Scott High School affords students the opportunity to take Dual Credit Courses at area colleges, a variety of language classes at the school, to participate in a variety of sports, drama programs, clubs, activities, and community service opportunities. I have been on staff at Scott High School since 2012 and am proud to be an Eagle! I look forward to seeing the goals that the current administration has been working on continue to show the improvements in the quality of education and culture at Scott High School as we move forward.

I believe that Scott High School is what the student and parents make of it. I have two children who either are enrolled or graduated from Scott. Both have done exceptionally well. I have found that the new principal is trying make things better, but that the teachers have consistently reached out to many with any concerns they have. When that happens, they have been more than receptive to working with me and my children to help them realize their full potential. In addition, the school offers a wide variety of academic and extracurricular activities. I am not sure how it compares with other schools in the region, but I know it's far more than I experienced as a high school student. I believe Scott is a great school for students who are trying to do their best. I believe it will continue to get better under the new leadership.

Scott High School has the most amazing and caring athletic coaches around the state of ky

I am a parent of a Senior at Scott High School, I recently learned my son needs 1/2 (half) a credit to walk at graduation, this was after the counselor placed my son as a 'student aide', thus 0 credits...Now he will not have the diploma he worked so hard for all those years!!! You be the judge, if I knew this was happening, I would have taken action, but it is too late now and nobody there cares. I am a parent whom has been involved with every teacher in every grade throughout my sons education, and this slipped by me!! I am very unhappy with the education he has (not) received. Additionally, they do not care about GPA of struggling students, he will be attending college in the fall and basically I will be paying for him to be re-educated for what he should have learned in high school!

My kids go to Scott High and if I would of known what they were all about I would never of sent them there. They dont care if the children succeed, they just care about the money they receive for each student that graduates, whether they deserve to or not. I will not let my granddaughter attend that school when she is old enough, it is a joke.

I've been teaching at Scott High for four years now. Since our current principal, Tom Madison, began working in the building, things have improved tremendously! Discipline has improved and things are getting better. As with every school, there is still room for improvement, but much of the current challenge comes from the outside of the building--the higher-ups who aren't focused on one mission: educating children. Too often, they are worried about other goals that distract students, teachers, and administrators from the importance of education.

Both of my children attended Scott High school and they both excelled. I was very content with Scott and never once worried about them while attending. It is a safe and comfortable environment

Last modified Scott High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.