Bad
Good

Posted October 13, 2015
The teachers and faculty truly care about the students. There are great options for gifted students. The parents are very involved.

Woodland Middle School 1

Posted January 02, 2015
This school has teachers that Don't care about there students! My student has a teacher that was talking about personal stuff with my child about him going to jail and Being into trouble with the police! This teacher has a ton of students that don't like her. This school even has terrible test scores. Students always come home in a bad mood when they get off of school

Posted December 04, 2013
i am currently a sixth grader and i love it there is no bullying the guidance counselor is great along with all of the teachers and staff this school does have a frc to help out man this school is great

Posted October 03, 2013
I attend Woodland currently, and am 7th grade. It is crazy what the other reviews are saying. I was in 6th grade when a teacher was removed from the school, but they definitely did a good job on replacing them. It was a ton of hullabaloo for this year. But now, it has all settled, and they have amazing teachers. The academics have improved, the sports there are really good, and have a lot of extra-curricular activities to join. With the improvements of Scott High School, I'm sure they are going to love going there as well. The only "picky problem" I have right now is all the construction you have to walk through. But it won't always stay that way. I do so recommend sending your child here, if they have the opportunity!

Woodland Middle School

Posted September 01, 2009
Two of my sons have completed Woodland and my last child is currently attending. The principal, Mr. Morwessel, is great. He has high academic standards and keeps the kids under control. When the students are in 8th grade, they can take classes at Scott High School (provided that the student is doing well academically) that count as high school credit. The students transition easily to high school. Scott High School recently hired a new principal who's wonderful. He has turned that school around. It's a great place to learn whereas the kids used to have a little too much freedom in the halls.

Posted August 05, 2005
My son attended Woodland Middle School for grades six through eight. He could not have had a better experience. I found the teachers to be well organized and clear in their expectations dealing with classroom work, homework, and behavior. The band director, who began teaching the year my son began school at Woodland, was extremely effective and produced wonderful sounding middle school bands. The choral director is also outstanding. My son's writing won a regional gold award and was sent to New York to be judged through the Scholastic Writing contest. His seventh grade teacher was instrumental in helping him with this writing piece. Extracurricularly, my son played football, attended dances, and took part in a leadership program. He is very prepared for high school and I thank the staff at Woodland for getting him ready. They did an excellent job.

Woodland Middle School 3

Posted July 24, 2005
My child, who is a very bright young lady, was not very focussed and not pushed enough. The teachers that have been there for the past 2 (almost 3) years have much more than overstayed their welcome. I am sending my daughter there again this year only because she has insisted on staying there for her 8th grade year. I was not pleased with the lack of attention that is given to the students. I, quite frankly, am sick and tired of it. To MOST of the woodland staff, you have dissapointed me greatly.

Posted June 11, 2005
I am very pleased with Woodland Middle School. My daughter was transfered to Woodland from Ockerman Middle because of the way she was being treated by the students and staff. Her grades have improved greatly from making D's and F's to A's and B's. She is so much happier now with both the students and staff that I have decided to enroll my 6th grade son there this year.

Woodland Middle School 1

Posted May 11, 2005
I am very concerned about what is going on at Woodland Middle School. The teachers are only concerned about discipline, detention is handed out constantly. My son was an all A student at Hinsdale Elementary and is now failing 2 classes at Woodland. When I try to email the teachers about his work, I get no responses. It is very frustrating to deal with the staff there. My son will be attending school elsewhere next year!

Woodland Middle School 4

Posted August 19, 2004
I have had two children attend this school. Have been very satisfied overall with the education and discipline.

Woodland Middle School
5399 Old Taylor Mill Rd, Taylor Mill, KY  41015
Last modified Woodland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.